Help major ( newbie attemp at armor making )

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvelp12

I make models and stuff even went through a 4 year action figure making phase when one day it hit me hey I want to make myself some Mjolnir (Spartan) armor so I did some research and it lead me to this site. HUGE HALO FAN

I really don't know where to start spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out where to start but just got a headache !

I want to know the best way to get the armor done.

I want to start with the helmet, should I get a legendary helmet and make some kind of a mold you guys tell me !

:cool:

marvelp12 said:
I make models and stuff even went through a 4 year action figure making phase when one day it hit me hey I want to make myself some Mjolnir (Spartan) armor so I did some research and it lead me to this site. HUGE HALO FAN

I really don't know where to start spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out where to start but just got a headache !

I want to know the best way to get the armor done.

I want to start with the helmet, should I get a legendary helmet and make some kind of a mold you guys tell me !

:cool:
Please please please read all the stickies before just asking. They are your best resources. Go into all the different forums, and read all the stickies. You'll have way more than an idea of where to start once you've done that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If youre expierienced, then i would go with making the armor out of modeling clay, rebound25 it, then smoothcast it.

crazybunny said:
If youre expierienced, then i would go with making the armor out of modeling clay, rebound25 it, then smoothcast it.

hmmm Im good but not that good....

smoothcast ?

rebound25 ?

crazybunny said:
Agreed.

Just be sure to have some good reference pics, a lot of clay, and all the time in the world.

EDIT:

Check out http://www.smoothon.com

That's where you can find Rebound 25 (a brushable silicone rubber), as well as Smooth-Cast (a pourable plastic).

Click the how-to link on their main page and read up on the mold-making process.

Not to mention the amazing resources on this site. The search function will never steer you wrong.

Blue Vertex said:
Agreed.

Just be sure to have some good reference pics, a lot of clay, and all the time in the world.

EDIT:

Check out http://www.smoothon.com

That's where you can find Rebound 25 (a brushable silicone rubber), as well as Smooth-Cast (a pourable plastic).

Click the how-to link on their main page and read up on the mold-making process.

Not to mention the amazing resources on this site. The search function will never steer you wrong.

Thanx guys I'll check it out yeah I pretty much have until next oct. to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back