Help Me Please! Vaccum Forming A Helm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellJumpa

Hey all, if your reading this then you could probabally help me out. I really need some help here as you've already read, because i'm making an ODST helmet. I havent got a lot of time and i need to make three of them. i decided to go with Vaccum Forming. I'm making the helmet out of paper (pep) as you do, how and what would i do next in the process of making 3 identical ODST helmets? :D

Please help! :unsure

Yours, HellJumpa

Couple of questions?

Do you have a vac table or access to a vac table?

If you do what are the specs of the table?

How much detail do you want in the helmet?

to do a whole helmet your going to have to have a huge table and I dont think your going to get the detail you want. I would suggest making a mold and casting the new helmets... plenty of tuts out there for it too!

here are some options

1# if you vac. form it you'll have to do it in two parts (front and back) you also need a vac. form table if you dont have one you need to make one.

2# if you cast it you`ll have a one piece helmet all you need to make is a stand for helmet to sit to make the mold.

in option 1# you`ll end up with a low to medium detail helmet and in option 2# you´ll have a high detail helmet

its all up to you on what you want. i would go with casting it because with vac. forming you have to deal with wrinkles, correct oven temp. and having a good seal etc. while with casting its pour in go. i hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back