Help! Need Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo405

I'm new here and I wanted to know if there was a good 3D modeling software for mac. I looked at google's SketchUp and was wondering if anyone had files for it maybe? I really hate cardboard and duct tape. This felt like the appropriate place to post this. Sorry if it isn't.

Echo Out-

Edit:I got Maya PLE and was wondering if there were any files on a Mark VI suit/Helmet?

Edit2: Maya PLE didn't work out but Maya PLE files still accepted

Yeah there's a Learning edition of Maya available from the Autodesk website. Its pretty much the full version, although your rendering capabilities are very limited, and anything you render will have "Maya learning edition" stamped over it. But if you'r e starting out then i'd recomend it, as you will be able to learn all you need to know to be able to use the software.
I personally prefer 3DS MAX to Maya. The layouts and functioning within MAX is very windows like.

Spartanspork said:
wait, free software? because if not, there is Autodesk 3ds max 8. and i think Maya is free.
Okay, Thanks! Just one more question, the materials I use on the paper is fiberglass resin and bondo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, but I've decided to run pep in boot camp since it is the most known program. Thanks again!

Ph4de said:
Use blender, its free open source and has a huge user group to help you with anything you need
Okay I'll use it. But how do I get .blend files for halo? Haven't found anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back