Props help needed. in creating a gravity hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

airborn

I started work on the type2 hammer. it's about making backlighting what you're doing. and recommend that there be a solid blue light. currently I have a wylalaowany hammer zdjeci abede put on the wind.

I started work on the type2 hammer. it's about making backlighting what you're doing. and recommend that there be a solid blue light. currently I have a wylalaowany hammer zdjeci abede put on the wind.

I haven't started the build yet but I have the lighting plan to match Halo Reach. The plan is to put amber LEDs in the locations coloured yellow on the picture below and have venting for smoke from a vaporizer and blower fan out of several locations.
Gravity Hammer Lighting.png

The battery and vaporizer will be housed in an electronics project box inside the square panel of the hammer head just above the connection to the handle.

I used plexiglass and LED lights for my gravity hammer and it turned out nice. I did a different pattern for it on the hammer head, but there should be no reason why it wouldn't work with the standard pattern. I have it on a momentary push button so it only lights up when you hit the button, saving battery life. Don't need to paint the plexiglass either, just scuff it with some sandpaper and add a light behind it.
15873209_1609827549031069_4538884282137897334_n.jpg
15940516_1609827692364388_6463375631620368236_n.jpg

I used plexiglass and LED lights for my gravity hammer and it turned out nice. I did a different pattern for it on the hammer head, but there should be no reason why it wouldn't work with the standard pattern. I have it on a momentary push button so it only lights up when you hit the button, saving battery life. Don't need to paint the plexiglass either, just scuff it with some sandpaper and add a light behind it.
View attachment 262727 View attachment 262728

If you only had access to white LEDs (for some reason, I don't know this is just a hypothetical if situation) there's a really handy series of lacquers made by Tamiya that are focused on RC car painting that are transparent and bond well to various plexiglass materials like PETG and lexan/polycarbonate. One benefit of this would be the consistent colour in photos without the lights on so people taking your picture without your consent still get the full beauty of your design.

And yes, I realized that my first sentence hypothetical was made moot by the explanation in the second. I'm leaving it because today you get full on unfiltered TurboCharizard.

If you only had access to white LEDs (for some reason, I don't know this is just a hypothetical if situation) there's a really handy series of lacquers made by Tamiya that are focused on RC car painting that are transparent and bond well to various plexiglass materials like PETG and lexan/polycarbonate. One benefit of this would be the consistent colour in photos without the lights on so people taking your picture without your consent still get the full beauty of your design.

And yes, I realized that my first sentence hypothetical was made moot by the explanation in the second. I'm leaving it because today you get full on unfiltered TurboCharizard.

That is something I did not know about, that's cool. That would really be handy for projects that only need to glow one certain color like the hammer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back