Help with Paint color

Status
Not open for further replies.

commanderwyro

So i am redoing lots of my halo infinite master chief. and in part of that i am deciding to repaint it. id like to airbrush it if possible but having trouble picking out that shade of green. i feel like each trailer his green looks slightly different but id like to keep it fairly similar to the newest look at him. if anyone has any ideas or links or anything to a good paint be it spray or airbrush thatd help out a lot.
1624138154576.png

So i am redoing lots of my halo infinite master chief. and in part of that i am deciding to repaint it. id like to airbrush it if possible but having trouble picking out that shade of green. i feel like each trailer his green looks slightly different but id like to keep it fairly similar to the newest look at him. if anyone has any ideas or links or anything to a good paint be it spray or airbrush thatd help out a lot.

I've had pretty good luck with Krylon Italian Olive spray paint over a black primer.

A nice way to pick a color I've found is to take a couple RGB values from either the textures or in this case the trailers and put them into a converter to convert them to whatever color system your paint/country uses. You'll get one or a few shades that should be fairly close which should help picking paint. I recommend doing this a few times especially with just images because the values vary between pixels due to noise/lighting/weathering so you might get a wrong color, so this should help filtering out those ones.

My friend The Tiny Geek knows a thing or two about this color. He used Color Shot's "Extra Guacamole." It looks pretty spot on to me, and with some weathering, you'll be able to get that nice olive-y color.

View attachment 307124
I took various close up swatches of Chief and landed on the color below, what’s nice is that the new Chief model is the same color as last years demo just with a lot more weather and grime, look up colorshot brand “extra guacamole” I’ve been able to find it in Home Depot, theyre a California company though. They have both spray paint and matching acrylic tubes. Also included is a test swatch of the color shot spray, just a light primer coat and a light color coat, great coverage.
E8D0382D-ABAC-4F26-ADDA-F751D8216646.png
C1CE4C10-366C-4DDB-9CBB-327A92D6DC27.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back