Help with pepakura!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patnn

I was making the emile helmet and I put edge if on but the numbers overlapped but I could deal with not using the numbers but as I printed it even though the pieces were on the page in pepakura some pieces got cut off when they were printed can somebody please give me an explanation to these problems thanks and this is in pepakura designer 3 thank you guys.

I was making the emile helmet and I put edge ID on, but the numbers overlapped. I could deal with not using the numbers, but as I printed it, even though the pieces were on the page in pepakura, some pieces got cut off when they were printed. Can somebody please give me an explanation to these problems? Thanks. This is in pepakura designer 3; thank you guys.

First off, your grammar is terrible. I had to read this post a few times to even understand what you're trying to say. I've edited your post in the above quote; this is how you should post to best convey your message.

Second, this post really belongs here...
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura

Now, since we're already here, I'll attempt to answer your question. If the numbers overlap, you can always go into the options and make them smaller. In Pep Designer, click the "Settings" tab, then click "Other Settings." This opens up the Setting window. From there, click on "Others." The fourth line down, you'll see "Font size of edge ID." The smallest number it will accept is 4, but you have to type it in manually. Likely, even the smallest font size will not be small enough for some models, in which case you either just have to live with it, or turn the edge ID off.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, your grammar is terrible. I had to read this post a few times to even understand what you're trying to say. I've edited your post in the above quote; this is how you should post to best convey your message.

Second, this post really belongs here...
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura

Now, since we're already here, I'll attempt to answer your question. If the numbers overlap, you can always go into the options and make them smaller. In Pep Designer, click the "Settings" tab, then click "Other Settings." This opens up the Setting window. From there, click on "Others." The fourth line down, you'll see "Font size of edge ID." The smallest number it will accept is 4, but you have to type it in manually. Likely, even the smallest font size will not be small enough for some models, in which case you either just have to live with it, or turn the edge ID off.

Sorry for misspelling I had rushed and not really had done an over view of the text but anyway thank you for that any answer to my other question would be greatly appreciated as well

Sorry for misspelling I had rushed and not really had done an over view of the text but anyway thank you for that any answer to my other question would be greatly appreciated as well

...even after I bashed you for your grammar, you still refuse to even try? I'm still trying to understand what you mean regarding the edge ID getting cut off.

I'll say that pieces getting cut off means they are hanging off the edges... and mean you are either a) Printing on the wrong size paper and need to change the paper type of the file, or b) The file was badly spread out and needs to be moved. If it's #a, then you can try changing the paper settings, but this will often lead to cause #b to happen as it arbitrarily resizes the paper without rearranging the pieces. If #b happens in either case, you need to get Pepakura Designer and move pieces so they're not hanging off the edges.

...even after I bashed you for your grammar, you still refuse to even try? I'm still trying to understand what you mean regarding the edge ID getting cut off.

Dude... I know your a mod but there isnt any need to just be flat out ugly when someone needs help... Seriously? i've been on the form for a month or so and that was just low.

Now then! I believe I know the problem your facing and how to solve it, like katsu said a second ago #2 change the spacing of the pieces! Also you might want to make the boarder as close to the edge as possible so your using the maximum amount of paper! I ran into the same problem for a few pieces and had to change the whole thing around, another problem you might run into is where it will not print the rearranged pieces or all the pieces shrink down smaller to what you set them as, I had both these issues and google can help you out so much!

hopefuly I was able to help you a tad Patnn! Hope to see your build in the fourms!

Dude... I know your a mod but there isnt any need to just be flat out ugly when someone needs help... Seriously? i've been on the form for a month or so and that was just low. !

That was meant to be a bit of a light-hearted jab. I didn't mean to come across as ugly. That's the problem with communicating via text; emotions are not perceived.

Patnn, I apologize if I came across as agressive, but you can do better. I've seen other posts from you with perfect grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back