Help With TPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGLordBert

Hello.

Can anyone help me with this? Im working on something Ive never done before. Printing some parts in TPU for my armor updates, and Ive created this...

1664324390052.png

Now Im not having any trouble printing it... But I am going to want to paint it to go with my armor. Does anyone know what steps or what types of paint i have to use to paint TPU so that it still flexes and protects. Since TPU is rubber of course, I dont want to lose any properties.

Thanks

I would say seal with Plasti Dip or another rubberized, then you can paint with traditional rattle cans. You can also use latex paint, as it will flex. You could also paint with acrylics and they will so flex with the piece.

Are you thinking of printing the whole glove out of TPU? I've never used the material, and while what I've seen of it does look quite flexible, I don't think it'd be very suitable for entire gloves. Consider how much it would have to both stretch and compress when opening and closing a fist, and how thick you'd have to make the perimeter walls.

Same. I'd not recommend printing the whole glove. Sure the material is quite flexible - but your hand moves a lot so it'd put a lot of stress on it and most likely it'll restrict your movement. Also your hand will sweat waterfalls in it as the skin won't have any space to breathe at all. Better print those detailed sections and later glue it onto a normal glove.

:::update:::

I actually have a change. I took into consideration that the tpu won’t remain flexible on my hand. So I went a different route. Thank you for the knowledge y’all gave me on this to help keep me from failing. Lol

I cut the hole eagle out of the glove and then found some army tactical gloves to play with. Keeping most of the original details on the glove, here’s the process from start to finish

68212B5B-001C-4C85-8183-F48469900DDD.jpeg

F3D4F44E-67CA-44B5-AFB6-14D7B08F46C8.jpeg

95BF5CE7-4C7D-461C-B635-4E3222F55717.jpeg

1F46C4CB-F892-4D09-8CC1-8C696976BE8A.jpeg

Pretty satisfied with the result. Way better looking than my original.

Wow you found an amazing glove! It has great details on top that fit Mjolnir gloves so well! :oops:
Agree. Together with the eagle plate these look so legit now. Great improvement.
(can cut out the Zune Lotoo fabric if you want)

Agreed, those pops of colour look great! I wouldn't want to stop someone from experimenting with doing something like you were hoping to originally, but I wanted to give a heads up with my thoughts.

Hello.

Can anyone help me with this? Im working on something Ive never done before. Printing some parts in TPU for my armor updates, and Ive created this...

View attachment 323617

Now Im not having any trouble printing it... But I am going to want to paint it to go with my armor. Does anyone know what steps or what types of paint i have to use to paint TPU so that it still flexes and protects. Since TPU is rubber of course, I dont want to lose any properties.

Thanks
I hope you can get it figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back