Help With Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabicvamere

Jr Member
i dowloaded wow and burning crusade, the patches are taking 4hrs ive set my firewall to allow access to wow and wow launcher and it still said i have a firewall in the way i just went out and bought a brand new computer that has 4gigs of ram and 320hd just so i could play wow and it wont download fast i set up my router and reinstalled both disks, what can i do help. i have cox high speed (cable) internet so what do i do. p.s. i can download a 500mb video in 2-3 minutes tops.

there's two things i can think of doing, the first thing would be to make sure all of your ports on your router are open... sometimes ports are blocked and that can cause problems with patch downloads-- the other thing you could do is to look at what version you have, and search for the actual patches leading up to the newest version and download them and install them all manually.

either way, good luck.

baconmaster6969 said:
there's two things i can think of doing, the first thing would be to make sure all of your ports on your router are open... sometimes ports are blocked and that can cause problems with patch downloads-- the other thing you could do is to look at what version you have, and search for the actual patches leading up to the newest version and download them and install them all manually.
either way, good luck.

i checked the router but the speed of the downloads is whats angering me its been 1hr and only 11percent on wow 2.3.0 enus-patch its 700mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Your also trying to download on the first weekend of spring break there was a que for almost all servers earlier you will lag like a noob in nax no matter what hardware your using.

Glad you fixed your problem :D happy leveling, hopefully i'll get some money soon, i'm considering playing again. havent decided yet, all but maybe 3 of my friends play and i wanna play with them-- since that's all they ever do. we'll see what happens though :D

For future reference, never download through the blizzard downloader. It's always going to have terrible speeds. Use FileFront.

google port forwarding and check the blizz website for the download port. To access your router, start, run, type "cmd", in the black window, type ipconfig/all, write the ip, then type it into a browser window. This will bring up your router main page. Linksys is super easy to configure. I assume most are the same. Port forwarding will make the game play faster(less lag) as well(although less secure).

Guys i got it to download fast after i set my router and im not lagging i just bot a five hundred dollar com and its grafix card is amazing and its ram is wicked no lag at all zero, and its a toshiba i luv this comp. im on wow and im working my way up to lvl 13 as we speak. thx all. i did exactlly as dungbeetle say the first time and forgot to save so i had to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back