Pepakura Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlemisssark

So I know what Peppakura is but also don’t. How does it work on a computer? Is it a downloaded program or used by internet browser? Because right now I don’t have a working computer and I need help finding some alternatives to making Felix’s armor in rvb.

Peppakura is a program that takes 3d images and turns them into 2d templates. You print out the templates, cut them out, fold and attach together by the numbers, resin/harden with fiberglass, sand and paint and.....Yahtzee! You've got yourself some armor. It is a downloadable program, and yes you need a computer.......W/o that...kind of difficult. You could always freehand foam. But for that you need the skill set to do so.

It will take longer than 30 minutes if you want to do it right, but I agree with Paiganboi, trying to use someone's computer for a little bit is all you need. Once you print the templates you don't really need the computer anymore (though it can be a challenge to figure out where all the pieces go.)

The first time you do it you will want to take your time and use the "measure distance tool" to make sure you are printing the armor the right size.

It will take a bit of playing with the program to figure things out but as you see....plenty of people here to help you out.

If you do have access to a Computer but only without windows, you can run pepakure with wine(windows runtime environment for other operating systems). It works great on ubuntu and should also work on mac osx, but i haven't tried that. If you really wanted to, you could also run Windows in a Virtual machine on your phone using QEMU, but that would propably be slow and really hacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back