Here we go, Spec Ops Pepakura Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might re-make the helmet actually. Now that its all pretty much done except for some cloth on the inside and paint detail on the outside, it came out crooked. It isn't too big a deal, but its pretty noticeable if you are a Halo fan.

Ill probably re-make it later though, need to finish the rest of the armor. Although that wont happen until next Wednesday, when I get back from Hawaii (PS: This post is Hawaiian :D).

Spartanmc117j said:
are u using letterpaper cause thats what im using and i want my helmet to look like that

No, if you use printer paper it will look like a flat tire when put together. Use cardboard paper, or posterboard. or something fairly rigid.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds interesting actually. I might try that after I see what I can do with my plaster.

A question though. Does anyone know of a rubber substance that I can apply to the inside of my helmet? So I can make it a thick sturdy rubber rather than a hard plastic. I would prefer plastic, but I thought maybe the rubber would be easier to apply and have maintain the shape. I could then cut it up easily to allow the visor to fit and such.

Ultima said:
A question though. Does anyone know of a rubber substance that I can apply to the inside of my helmet? So I can make it a thick sturdy rubber rather than a hard plastic. I would prefer plastic, but I thought maybe the rubber would be easier to apply and have maintain the shape. I could then cut it up easily to allow the visor to fit and such.
Have you heard of Plasti-Dip? It's a rubber paint that comes in either brush-on or aerosol form. A lot of the superhero cosplayers I know swear by it, and I've used it myself with some success. If you want it thick though you'll probably have to put down multiple coats.

Apparently rubber bumper spray is similar but I've heard Plasti-Dip is nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, all black with an orange-yellow striping to give it a spec ops look. It should be pretty good, although it is my first so the whole thing is a learning experience. We will see how things go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back