heres wat i got

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhonda329

im new here, so hello to everyone. just want to know what u think of my mkv helmet;)
0526111754.jpg

Well technically, its MKVI, not MKV....
Sorry, I always have my two cents. Anyway, it looks really good! Im guessing thats fiberglass-hardened pep with bondo?

Well, you shouldnt really hijack someone elses thread like this (this should be posted in one of the HELP stickies), but fiberglass resin will run you about $35, fiberglass cloth will be about $8, and you can get some cheap brushes for the resin for like 50 cents at home depot. But again, please put questions like this in the stickys. Or better yet, just look at the noob list sticky by Ithica which has the answers to what you asked and about everything else youll need for a build.

well sorry i'm new here, and you guys were talking about fiberglassing. I was just asking a question, not "hijacking somebody's thread". -.- But anyways thanks!

well sorry i'm new here, and you guys were talking about fiberglassing. I was just asking a question, not "hijacking somebody's thread". -.- But anyways thanks!

ok, i know that kinda sounded mean there. Not trying to be a troll or anything. Seriously though, check out the sticky threads at the top of the forum, they have a HUGE amount of information! Good luck with your build!

working on it now. still working on the details, it will be primed twice and then painted and will be low gloss cleared to protect it but it wont make it look new and shinny. got the leds in and they look sweet!
sorry this is an old pic will get new soon
207481_1658157214741_1261454115_31350649_3911912_n.jpg

sorry ive been really busy at work so i havent made any progress till today, got all the bondo work done! will prime it tomarrow at work and take pics. i also got bolt mounts for the visor and installed then. still need to get some small cooling fans and a battery pack(i may use the one out of my rc helicopter). i will sand the primer, spot puddy it and prime it again then sand it one last time. then will paint it this weekend.:cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back