Hey, extremely new here and I'm looking for a good ODST templet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BouncyTheBoi

As the title says, I'm VERY new here (only joined a few hours ago). Recently, I've been wanting to do an ODST Cosplay. I originally wanted to do an E.O.D. costume but it was a bit too ambitious for someone who's NEVER done cosplay before so I decided to go with an ODST instead. I looked around for a bit and found a templet I really liked, the Heroes Workshop one. (link here: Halo 3 ODST Foam Armor Cosplay Pepakura File Templates). I won't start the build for awhile and just wanna know if this is the best choice or not, thanks!

If you really like their files, that is your call, but I will say that here on the 405th we do have complete Pepakura and Foam Optimized Pepakura files for the Halo 3 style ODST in the file "Armory," for free. You just need to be logged into your Forum Account and then you can download the .Zip file with all the associated armor component files:

If you really like their files, that is your call, but I will say that here on the 405th we do have complete Pepakura and Foam Optimized Pepakura files for the Halo 3 style ODST in the file "Armory," for free. You just need to be logged into your Forum Account and then you can download the .Zip file with all the associated armor component files:

Thanks for your reply, I was just wondering if one is inherently better or worse than the other so I can make the best choice.

I have never seen the Heroes Workshop Files, and their store page does not show what the Pep files look like or their layout, so I can not offer you an opinion on their accuracy, ease of use, or quality.

If nothing else, you can download our free files from the Armory and try them out. If you don't like them or find them insufficient, then you can purchase the Heroes Workshop ones. It's just my own opinion that it would be advisable to practice with Free Templates first before spending money on Templates. That way you aren't out anything if you don't finish the costume, or find the templates not to your liking.

*EDIT* Also, I do see that HW credits Hugh with the files they sell. Several of the files we have in the Armory are also from Hugh, so, it might be a case where some of the files are the same between our Download and the HW one.

I'd recommend the files in the Armory. I'm fairly certain that like Cadet said in his edit the Heroes Workshop files are the Hugh files in the Armory just unfolded differently to what worked for his build. Maybe some pieces removed from the print area or combined/split in different spots, but a lot of that is going to come down to works for you, so neither is going to be better or worse from a starting point.

BouncyTheBoi finished product is gonna look the same when it comes to the armor. however the best way to get the final product is how you cut the foam, how well you hide your seams, and how well you scale the armor pieces proportionaly to your body. that and paint!
So you can go with HW templates, but it's the same files as the one available for free. But it is your choice to support the creators you like in anyway.

That being said, if you have any other build questions regarding any of the other things I said, please do not be afraid to ask us here. we will answer any questions or give any advice to help you along the way. either way good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back