hey guys.. I need tons of help and advice please.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian 028

in my town, cardstock paper is not really available.. do you think linen would work? or should I just print the lines on bond paper then paste them all on cardboard folders??

I suppose cutting cardboard folders to standard 8.5x11in paper size and printing on them could work as well (you will need more than 100). However, if getting cardstock is hard to get in your area, I could only imagine how hard it would be to get the bondo, and resin, foam, etc you will be needing as well. Good luck!

Or print on normal paper (20lb) and cut the pieces out to cut out in Foam (EVA or Craft Foam = 1/4" or 5-6mm thickness). It'll handle better than poster board (next choice would be cutting it out of Cardboard)

if you can't get cardstock I agree with Dani-girl. Foam will be your next best bet. You can print the files on regular paper and modify them for the foam. You will not have the need for the bondo or resin. Can you get plasti dip or something similar to seal the foam for paint. I am pretty sure amazon.com can ship internationally. I do not know where you are or your particular situation. Good luck on finding a solution that works for you. Do you have access to clay? You could put a file together and use it as a reference for a clay sculpt that you can use to make a mold, again not sure what other materials you will have difficulty getting.

yeah te be honest the only time i use that print outs as templates are when i either make something out of foam or if i feel a bit adventurous with sheet metal

where do you live that they don't have cardstock? It's like a staple of cat-lady homes and 5 year old school projects!

Ive got some advice and a challenge for you. cereal box cardboard works for printing if it is the correct size. but thats a lot of cereal you need to be eating. other then that i suggest going "freelancer" with it and doing foam OR using construction paper. if you use construction paper, try and find a heavy grade of it (if possible) and be careful.

Also, if this is a hobby that you are really interested in, try saving up most of the money first then order all the necessary supplies online as not to worry about buying things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back