Hi 405th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatMac

Hello all, always been a fan of Halo since the first game... and no I don't like to think how old I was then.

After playing ODST I fell in love with the armour and its something I have toyed with doing ever since, I have previously built a TK from a kit, but look at doing an ODST from EVA Foam using Andrew DFTs templates as a base, I know these aren't the most accurate, but cost and time (don't get a lot of either to myself thanks to 2 small people) I felt these were my best option and frankly the Pep stuff scares the crap out of me.

I'm likely to buy the Xcoser helmet and sand and repaint it.

But what I wanted to ask is there any issue using the DFT templates for the armour? I do plan to embellish the design slightly but wanted to double check its all okay... I know some other groups for other franchises (having been part of one) can be very specific about how accurate you are.

Thanks and I look forward to chatting to you more and maybe meeting up with some of you... (UK based) People sometime :D

Cheers Mat.

Welcome to the 405th Trooper.
Using the DFT templates is all good. There are lots of members who have used those templates for similar reasons.
They have eventually decided to test their foamsmithing skills and used the templates in The Armoury for the more game accurate files that are available there.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Myself included, there are lots of people in the community who are willing to help you in your build.
Good luck and most importantly, have fun.

Last edited:
Thanks chap, appreciate it.

I've been looking at some of his earlier stuff which is actually slightly more accurate than the recent webseries he did, probably going to do a mixture of the 2 plus my own additions.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back