Hi a noob here needs help ~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyh

erm hi this is my 1st post here...and i feel kinda shy to speak where there is so many gurus around....

okey i manage to finish off the whole armor using card stock without many question...but now i am wondering what kind of firberglass to use as it's kinda hard to find fiberglass around here...

okey i manage to finish off the whole armor using card stock without many question...but now i am wondering what kind of firberglass to use as it's kinda hard to find fiberglass around here...
There are two types that are used around here: the cloth and the mat. There's not really a lot difference when it comes to their strengthening abilities but many around here prefer the cloth because it is neater to work with and no chance of the strands pricking your skin, causing intense itchiness. Personally I prefer the mat but just use whatever you have available.

wao..that's quick...thanks...

erm for where am i...i live in a small part of singapore...a little girl in this big city who likes cosplay
and also some one who thinks she will have the 1st set of Master Chief's legendary armour in the whole city...
and for some time i have been looking 4 fiberglass and resin...but some fail to do so...( sob sob...)
i manage to find some suppliers in Malaysia and Indonasia...but all of them ask me whats the name of the mat...
and i don't know how to ans them (shy shy)

oh by the may can some 1 educate me with (the cloth and the mat) hehe

and for some time i have been looking 4 fiberglass and resin...but some fail to do so...( sob sob...)
i manage to find some suppliers in Malaysia and Indonasia...but all of them ask me whats the name of the mat...
and i don't know how to ans them (shy shy)
Go to an auto supply store and ask for it. They use it to repair car bumpers. They're used for boat-making too.
oh by the may can some 1 educate me with (the cloth and the mat) hehe
You might be better off using Google to find images of fiberglass cloth and fiberglass mat to give you (and your supplier) a better idea of what they look like. Try reading this tutorial also. Post #73 has pics of the mat. BTW, you put the fiberglass inside only.

I pretty much live above you(Malaysia)......yes stuff is hard to find here AND there. About being the first to have Master Chief armor, I'm not sure about that. Anyways, as for the materials, if you have an Ace Hardware there....try to look there, just be notified that only some Ace sells them. It should be easier to find it and cheaper in Singapore :)

On the plus side, if you place an order through an Ace Hardware, they will usually be more than happy to order it for you if they do not have it in stock. As was mentioned earlier, an automotive parts store, or a boating supply store may have what you are looking for as well.

Brand is really up to the user. You just want to get a good, two-part epoxy and matting or strips to suit the area of the armor you are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back