Hi. Hello. Konichiwa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los

Ok folks here goes. I'm a noob. *everyone wave to the noob. HI NOOB!!!* My buddy here is addicted to getting his halo armor done. So I've spent the past year or so watching him everytime I come over. Well I have been drafted into the cult. *insert maniacal laugh with evil orchestra music* Suffice it to say. I will make armor.

But not Halo armor. NEVER!!!!!!!!! Though my fav game right now is....*drumroll*....ODST BABY! God I love odst for the gameplay and one other reason. NO....FRIGGIN....MASTER CHIEF....*end of rant*.

I will however be making the armor of a beloved and well known character from my other favorite series.

Cyrax. I will make Cyrax armor. So any notes on how to design pepakura files will be greatly appreciated. I am starting there before the whole paper and resin ordeal. And yes from what I've seen making one's first suit of armor is an ordeal. But Cyrax SHALL LIVE!!!

*end psychotic transmission*

DOO DOO DOO DDDDDOOOOOOO.

Lord of Midgard said:
I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed, there is a difference.

Addicted. Obsessed. Only thing that matters is...TINY MINISKIRTS. Can you make a pepakura file for tiny miniskirts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not tried this before, but from what I can gather, you create the object you want to create (in your case... a tiny miniskirt) in a seperate 3D program first. The Pepakura site Pepakura Homepage says Pepakura supports the importing of Hexa Great (*.6kt, *.6ks) Wavefront (*.obj) AutoCAD (*.dxf) Metasequoia (*.mqo) 3D Studio (*.3ds) Lightwave (*.lwo) STL (Binary format) (*.stl) and Google Earth 4 (*.kmz, *.kml) files. There may be more than this but I have no idea. I've heard of a lot of people using a program called Blender before. Blender Homepage).

Create it in the program, import it over. From there, there are tutorials on youtube and here in the stickies that should cover the actions thereafter.

There's really nothing wrong with master chief, He's just a character that you play as, the MAIN and pretty badass character. also your still master chief game-play wise in ODST. Stamana stops you're heath from going down for about the same amount damage as the Halo 3 shields and the heath is the same amount to. end anti rant/

Although the halo:CE MC is the best MC.

Ontopic/

Why would you want a paper miniskirt?

Well from the armor pieces you end up stuck with what amounts to literally a fiberglass diaper. (btw we nicknamed it thunder cod! Don't ask why.) So maybe a "mini skirt" or something more similar to japanese armor would be better for Cyrax armor. Instead of another crotch diaper piece >< But I want cyrax!!!!

Anyone who requires a 3D program to create a miniskirt needs some serious self evaluation on the lack of any creative talent in his DNA

You don't use pep, you use fabric. A tube made of fabric. It can't get any easier. :lol

CPU64 said:
Anyone who requires a 3D program to create a miniskirt needs some serious self evaluation on the lack of any creative talent in his DNA

You don't use pep, you use fabric. A tube made of fabric. It can't get any easier. :lol

Wow. So aggressive! I'm impressed!...or at least I think my cat is. Anywho!

Yes the pic is the one I want to build. It's simple....Master Chief = engineered super-soldier.....Cyrax = cybernetic ninja. They are capable of the same things!!! So Cyrax is what I want. I will learn to do the 3d models first. And after I finished Cyrax...I will make a pep miniskirt. For the simple reason of people who dont like TINY MINISKIRTS!!!

CPU64 said:

Hehe why not pep a miniskirt and make it from fibreglass? Or just keep the paper, resin it and wear it with all the edge IDs intact? Worse things have happened... I think it'd be pretty funny to be fair...

Also, why the hating? Are we not a community here? If you have advice, advise, but don't flame someone because they're doing something that you think shouldn't be done...

Los said:
I'm impressed!...or at least I think my cat is. Anywho!

Again, why all the hating?

Come on guys, community spirit, we're all here to make costume armour and have a good time doing it.

On topic, the Cyrax armour looks like a good first project, I always favoured Smoke, but the basic armour's pretty much the same. If you do make Cyrax armour, why not post up the pep files for the community? I for one would make a cyber-ninja costume, I always loved MK :)

Point one is: which variant are you making? There's quite a few adaptations throughout the series...

I like this, and there's no Thunder Cod, it's more like a CyberCod. Not a huge fan of the huge light, but there you are, you can't have everything. I just love the helmet on this one. So badass...

Are you going to make the dreads to hang off the back of the bucket?

This method works very well, and synthetic hair can be quite a cheap material to use.

It looks like the Thunder Cod would be pretty simple to make, you'd make a belt first (use leather or wide strapping) and attach fibreglass plates to it, then hang the long pieces down so that you have flexibility rather than make it from a single piece. You may even do well to dragon scale plate the longest piece so that it flows rather than hangs rigidly. The best way would be to attach (possibly rivet it, I don't know how well fibreglass takes a rivet, but I'm sure there's methods) the plates from the bottom up to a piece of heavy canvas (like a thick martial arts gi or a boat sail) or leather. So you have a piece of fabric with fibreglass plates attached. That would look more natural than a single piece.

Also important, what are you going to wear under it? if you're pretty ripped, I suggest trying to get hold of a plain wetsuit, and use it as an undersuit rather than attach it to the armour.

Well I will use the version of Cyrax (see earlier post from Roadwarrior). But first I want to learn how to do the 3d design and then pepakura. So far I am trying blender. But we'll see how that goes. I will probably not use a wetsuit but just normal black clothes I have underneath.

As for the mini skirt. I will definitely do that. Probably make it spiked or something....with a "do not trespass" sign on it. But definitely out of fiberglass.

I really have to say, you need to strongly reconsider this whole pep'd miniskirt thing. Unless you're thinking of breaking it into sections for maneuverability (think plates locked over each other), it's going to be a stiff tube at the most necessary point of movement.

If you're just wanting to pep a miniskirt, then uhh.. go on ahead? But from a costuming standpoint, you really need to start getting your hands into fabric. Lol.

The miniskirt is just a what if project. And your right. It would be a series of plates draped against each other. No way you could move in a fully enclosed piece. Hehe. I am learning how to make pep files first. Then doing cyrax armor. Then on to TINY MINISKIRTS!!!

Though...I got another idea today. Modified Mark VI Armor for my cat. Ideas? And yes...I am this insane to do it.

Los said:
Ok folks here goes. I'm a noob. *everyone wave to the noob. HI NOOB!!!* My buddy here is addicted to getting his halo armor done. So I've spent the past year or so watching him everytime I come over. Well I have been drafted into the cult. *insert maniacal laugh with evil orchestra music* Suffice it to say. I will make armor.

But not Halo armor. NEVER!!!!!!!!! Though my fav game right now is....*drumroll*....ODST BABY! God I love odst for the gameplay and one other reason. NO....FRIGGIN....MASTER CHIEF....*end of rant*.

I will however be making the armor of a beloved and well known character from my other favorite series.

Cyrax. I will make Cyrax armor. So any notes on how to design pepakura files will be greatly appreciated. I am starting there before the whole paper and resin ordeal. And yes from what I've seen making one's first suit of armor is an ordeal. But Cyrax SHALL LIVE!!!

*end psychotic transmission*

DOO DOO DOO DDDDDOOOOOOO.

Normally people would start flaming you because they don't want your ideas of what you're going to do. (No pics then it didn't happen) But the you worded it just made my day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back