hogs of war

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezzcor

Hey guys. Me and my dad got an idea, we wanna build a warthog frame for an rc car.
the rc car is a xmod, and we were thinking about making it out of cardboard, or cardstock
and fiber glasing it. any help or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a cool idea. It would even better if you got it to act like the warthog in the game, so it actually fish tails around and stuff.
As for the frame, with something that small, why don't you sculpt and mold it?

23Magnum said:
That's a cool idea. It would even better if you got it to act like the warthog in the game, so it actually fish tails around and stuff.
sculpting and molding is expensive and requires skill , but if he had the money it could be a good idea

CHeapest way.

Action clix warthog + xmods rc car

Already done, and looks really good.

warthogheader.jpg

No, it's action clix warthog with 2 spartans, wheels and frame ripped out, and a small RC monster truck frame attached to the bottom. Some plastic cement or epoxy should attach the two.

If you want a real warthog look, go buy those cheap 10-20 dollar small monster trucks at the toy store, dont use a xmod, an xmod is too low.

Guy claims he used "Fast Lane Super Slicks Monster 4X4 RC Car”

http://www.3dnow.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1029

Here is a video I found on Youtube. Is it the same thing?

Same thing.

ignore the motor sound in the background, it's not fromthe RC car, RC cars never have loud low pitch motor sounds. Must be a lawn mower in the back.

I want to see it take a jump, haha.
I don't think they do, but I thought I'd ask anyway, do they make four wheel drive & steering for RC cars? I sort of doubt it, but that would be what you'd want to make it drive like in the game.

Yes and no.

For a kids toy, no. For a 300 dollar 2-3 foot long rc car, yes.

But if you want something to fit under the warthog, you wont get 4x4 drive. But I think the toy hasboth front and back acceleration, so it might have awd.

23Magnum said:

It actualy will do that, the traction on the tiers i use sucks, and if fish tails arownd all ready.

AoBfrost said:
CHeapest way.

Action clix warthog + xmods rc car

Already done, and looks really good.

warthogheader.jpg

I like yours the best, soooo... how do I do this?

To make that one:
Go to radio shack buy a xmods. truck or hummer works best. cost about 40 bucks
go to borders or barnes and nobles and buy action clix till you get a wart hog.
take off the body of the xmod, take the warthog and super glue, then glue together

Crossfire said:
To make that one:
Go to radio shack buy a xmods. truck or hummer works best. cost about 40 bucks
go to borders or barnes and nobles and buy action clix till you get a wart hog.
take off the body of the xmod, take the warthog and super glue, then glue together
That is not an action clix hog, it is a halo 2 action figure hog. I have the action clix hog. It is scuplted and you cant take off the top.

Couldnt you just dremel the insides and split it in two pieces? Also, Xmods will not work, it is too small in most cases, and too low. The Warthog is not low like a suv/sedan it is high up.

this gives me an idea. i used to race the REALhardcore gas powered rc trucks in New york. i got an old maxxis chassies and a TRX 2.5 with a monster cool head. mabey i could make it into a mini warthog?? yeah ill try..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back