How about a forums Halo RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be cool. I've never been a big RPG fan on boards, but other people might be.

Spartan-224 said:
my english sucks, so tell me your opinions??

wasn't expecting that as a first post. Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. you are, i'm assuming?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like RPGs, I 'spose. They're certainly not my favorite type (FPS>all), but I like them. I don't think it would work to well though. I'm assuming you'd play as a spartan? AnD I'm assumig you'll need to level up at some point or another. How could you level up? you'd have to get BETTER at something. I don't see how Spartans can be better than they already are.

not like an RPG where you level up, is like an adventure, where a Game master will control the situations and the story, the players can change the way of the story dependingon their decitions

RPG's

It makes me feel really old to have to remind young'uns that an RPG isn't just a kind of videogame. Back in the olden days *leans back into his rocking chair* there were games like Dungeons and Dragons and Robotech that you played with dice and statistics that you didn't have to buy a HDTV to see in amazing resolution. You just pictured it in your head.

You just needed imagination...and no social life.. to play them ;)

He's talking about that kind of RPG, where we make up characters and such.

Paper, pencil, eraser, lots of funny dice, and people screaming "firestorm!?!? You idiot, don't you know we're standing right there fighting him hand-to-hand?! If you get me killed, I'm kicking your ass!"

Yup.. back before all these new-fangled things you guys call CD's, DVD's, beepers, cordless phones, cellphones, automatic doors, Item scanning at checkouts, home computers, etc..

:shock: Holy crap I'm old..

Too old to do forum RPG stuff I guess. Dunno' how you'd do it without dice anyways.

I guess I could try participating.. I was part of a zombie one a couple of years back. We didn't get too far though, I wrote a big backstory to explain our characters and who we were to each other, and then we essentially went into a mall, and our first battle was all screwed up because people weren't showing up...

Of course it also didn't help that one of the characters was dressed like a clown, welding a machete, and spitting gasoline. ;)

Deadguy said:
I guess I could try participating.. I was part of a zombie one a couple of years back. We didn't get too far though, I wrote a big backstory to explain our characters and who we were to each other, and then we essentially went into a mall, and our first battle was all screwed up because people weren't showing up...

Of course it also didn't help that one of the characters was dressed like a clown, welding a machete, and spitting gasoline. ;)
*Awkward Silence*

just read this now but my friends play a halo rpg
i was gonna join them but im a little too busy at the present state

Me and my friends are currently hosting a Halo RPG game d20 modern style.

It's a pretty rough site, but if alot of you guys want to join I could polish up a new game for us to play come visit me at
halotopia.hyperboards.com
My name is John 117 on that site.
(there is no preceding www. in the site name)

Sean Bradley said:
It makes me feel really old to have to remind young'uns that an RPG isn't just a kind of videogame. Back in the olden days *leans back into his rocking chair* there were games like Dungeons and Dragons and Robotech that you played with dice and statistics that you didn't have to buy a HDTV to see in amazing resolution. You just pictured it in your head.

Deadguy said:
Paper, pencil, eraser, lots of funny dice, and people screaming "firestorm!?!? You idiot, don't you know we're standing right there fighting him hand-to-hand?! If you get me killed, I'm kicking your ass!"

Yup.. back before all these new-fangled things you guys call CD's, DVD's, beepers, cordless phones, cellphones, automatic doors, Item scanning at checkouts, home computers, etc..

Too old to do forum RPG stuff I guess. Dunno' how you'd do it without dice anyways.

you guys aren't THAT old.

I've been playing pen&paper games like that since I was a kid, and I'm 23

heck, when me and my friends, get together for "poker night" we're usually playing one of those instead of poker.

we call it poker night because the girlfriends/wives would tease us. ;-)

epoch9 said:
Sean Bradley said:

Deadguy said:

you guys aren't THAT old.

I've been playing pen&paper games like that since I was a kid, and I'm 23

heck, when me and my friends, get together for "poker night" we're usually playing one of those instead of poker.

wow i feel bad 4 you

silvercookie said:
wow i feel bad 4 you

don't, it's not a serious thing.

we tease each other about it, and I don't remember why we started calling it poker night.

epoch9 said:
silvercookie said:
wow i feel bad 4 you

don't, it's not a serious thing.

we tease each other about it, and I don't remember why we started calling it poker night.

:argue: lol

Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: OPERATION FREAKED MONKEY

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

I kind of like the idea of an RPG forum on this site. theres one here but as you can see it didnt turn out the way the makers thought it would.

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back