How Adam Attaches His Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to look at your armor so it was cool to see how it got put on. I hope i do that one day...

Sweet vid. i like how it looks putting it on. But i was wondering. about how many times do you just go and put your stuff on for the fun of it? Like a helmet but everything else just for a minute isnt worth that or is it? I was concerend since we spend money and wanted to know how often you put it on.

Omg! Thats was so cool! Adam I love ur beard/goaty thing :p (to bad I cant grow one yet...looks like a coffe stain xD). Looks quite stable to walk in...Can you run in it? or do the pieces fall down?

Thats similar to how I put mine on, I was going to write a tutorial with pictures, but I guess you beat me to it, and with video! Very nice tutorial adam, I can improve on a few spots on my own suit now.

i love your armor, it's amazing

you seemed like you were making this video for someone... you kept saying "when you get this..."

Nice video, Adam. :) The end is cool. :D

I do it similar with my armor. (Now also with corrected biceps parts *LOL*) The only differences are that I use something like suspenders for the thigh armor made with elastics so you don't see a belt when maybe some parts slip a little bit. And for the handplates I also used 2 elastic bands to put over the gloves. As you said if people give you a high five, shake your hand or you make a fist or getting caught it could easily fells off (had that problem with the trooper armor when I only used velcro straps), and if you aren't a lucky Spartan you maybe don't even hear the falling sound under your helmet and that would be bad. ;)

A combination between velcro and elastics is maybe the safest method: Velcro keeps it in place and the elastics gives additional "security" to prevent that it fells off accidentaly.

There is even another thing I was reflecting about by putting on and wearing the armor. Didn't find a solution for that yet. Keyword: Weapon depot.
I have a SMG and Plasma Rifle in "Dual weapon configuration" when I wear the armor (these are my favorite weapons, I like them :D) so both hands are in use if I take both of that weapons. And you don't always have things near you where you could temporary put them away if you need your hand for something different. So a holder for the weapons on your armor would be interesting. But the major problem is how to create something like that you don't see when you have your weapons in your hand to keep the armor accurate? :unsure:

Now I can play this video backwards and watch Master chief do a striptease! :unsure:

This is about how I strap and assemble mine too, although my 'co*kpiece' is a little different, and my calf piece are split, front and back. Also my chest/backpiece snaps together via some heavy duty plastic buckles imbedded in the cast. Hearing that *snap* when it goes on is purely for effect. If I did it again, I'd probably go with something simpler.

Nice vid, I've got some catching up to do!

Sean Bradley said:
Now I can play this video backwards and watch Master chief do a striptease! :unsure:
LOL

Also, the difference with my suit, I use suspenders also, but to make them stay up, I have them lean on the back of my neck but still attach to the front and back of the crotch piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!
I was hopeing to get more info about how others put/strap their armor on. the biceps/shoulders were my big question. that "backpack" idea works, huh? I thought about attaching them to the top of the chest piece useing "snap buckels" (((those plastic backpack buckels))) that way i could take them on and off easy and i could get them to pull them up higher.

also the thigh stapping i think is the best idea!

thanks for the video!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back