How can i add texture to my nelmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

Okay, Guys so i have been wondering on how should i add texture to my helmet.
So far i have ran into a dead end, since i have been searching for "texturized paint" but i cant find the right texture anywhere.

Look at this image:
MasterChief.jpg

You can see the surface detail of the armor it looks a little bit like a "NOISE" Bumb map as we 3d modelers know it.

Thank you in advance,

-Finish

Finnish_Spartan said:
...as we 3d modelers know it.
Don't... Just don't...

*sigh*

Rustoleum 'Hammered' spray paint.

I plan on using/experimenting with it. I kind of (selfishly, I know) planned on not telling anyone until I got to use it and show results. But you asking for "textured paint," it was bound to come up anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicktendo said:
Don't... Just don't...

*sigh*

I plan on using/experimenting with it. I kind of (selfishly, I know) planned on not telling anyone until I got to use it and show results. But you asking for "textured paint," it was bound to come up anyway.

Thank's ill try it but 1st i have to experiment since im too afraid that the detail will be too big

-Finnish

Nicktendo said:
Don't... Just don't...

*sigh*

hahahahaha

damn, i was planning on doin this too!
theres another paint i found, i think its called rock paint or stone paint, but it basicly fires lumpy paint out of the can and when it dries, a quick spray and a dry brushing has it looking prity damn good. i was guna use this down on the boots/lower legs.

Rustoleum sand texture paint, it has a sandy feeling cap and works very well for adding texture. You'll need like 3 or 4 of these cans, they cost like 6 dollars each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back