How can I clean my fiberglass armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lieutenant Jaku

Sr Member
So I had fiber-glassed my helmet a while back but while it was sitting in the garage, my cat seems to have thought it was a litter box. how should I clean this?

Bahaha!! Well, if it were me, I would probably start off by wearing a mask to hide the stench, and afterwards take out all the big chunks with a paper towel and then get a moist rag and start wiping the interior ever so gently, afterwards I would get more dry paper towels and wipe the sides again and when its dry, lightly dab a few coats of rubbing alcohol all over the helmet.

Bahaha!! Well, if it were me, I would probably start off by wearing a mask to hide the stench, and afterwards take out all the big chunks with a paper towel and then get a moist rag and start wiping the interior ever so gently, afterwards I would get more dry paper towels and wipe the sides again and when its dry, lightly dab a few coats of rubbing alcohol all over the helmet.
thanks a lot for the advice

Wow...Sucksville, Population: you.

I know that cat piss is quite aromatic...having an overpopulation of strays in my area.....and getting rid of it can be troublesome. After you have cleaned out any solid and liquid waist, and as Thane said, sterilized the inside w/ some rubbing alcohol, you could liberally spray some Febreze or Nutra-air to eliminate the smell and then just let the helmet air out.......just make sure the cat doesn't get to it again.

So I had fiber-glassed my helmet a while back but while it was sitting in the garage, my cat seems to have thought it was a litter box. how should I clean this?
Youch. I'm a germaphobe, so I would line the armor piece with something else, like foam or something. (after you do all the stuff these guys told you to do) Last thing you want I some sort of cat turd fungus growing in your nose. Doesn't matter if that makes any sense. I'm a germaphobe, I told you. lol. Anything is possible in my mind when it comes to germs. Maybe sterilize it in some sort of decontamination chamber for an hour or two....

Oh yes.....use a decon unit....because EVERYONE has one of those in their house...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Here's mine:
mcguinness_20_jackson_street_west_2013_08_29_decontamination_unit.jpg

It's behind my apartment. That mustang is mine.

Notice how it says "Budget"? It's cuz i'm a cheapo.

...who buys mustangs...

Last edited:
Wow...Sucksville, Population: you.

I know that cat piss is quite aromatic...having an overpopulation of strays in my area.....and getting rid of it can be troublesome. After you have cleaned out any solid and liquid waist, and as Thane said, sterilized the inside w/ some rubbing alcohol, you could liberally spray some Febreze or Nutra-air to eliminate the smell and then just let the helmet air out.......just make sure the cat doesn't get to it again.
Yeah I had figured febreeze would be necessary

where are you from....because there is real money and then there is papeswoooosh money.....and only mblackwell1002 uses that.

emphasis on crazy.......and I'm only as old as my kids think I am, which is something along the paleolithic age.

No.....apparently history isn't something they teach back in Carolina....Dinosaurs are from the Mesozoic Era. There were no dinosaurs in the paleolithic age. Wow I just remembered.....your thread derailment powers!!!!!

No..... must resist!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't go w/ the mason jar......from can to jar is too much like from one pocket to the other. Its the same deal.

No.....apparently history isn't something they teach back in Carolina....Dinosaurs are from the Mesozoic Era. There were no dinosaurs in the paleolithic age. Wow I just remembered.....your thread derailment powers!!!!!

No..... must resist!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't go w/ the mason jar......from can to jar is too much like from one pocket to the other. Its the same deal.

I don't understand but ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back