How Can I Cut Faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut, fold, glue, cut, fold, glue, cut, fold, glue, etc. It might not be faster per se, but it helps to break the monotony of cutting for hours on end, followed by scoring for hours on end, and gluing for hours on end. I think it also helps to keep the pieces organized and cuts down on searching for pieces later.

I also prefer cutting with a utility knife. The extra bulk is a little more comfortable for me over an exacto knife. I also score my folds with a relatively small diameter pizza cutter. I tried the pen and ruler technique, but since I can cut fairly straight freehand already, I figure why not score freehand as well? And it's a little faster too. As far as distinguishing between mountain and valley folds (the reason for the two pen colors), I change the color of all my valley fold lines green before I print (black mountains and green valleys, get it?:)).

ooooooooh that craft robo thing looks cool and my grandma has something like that. I'll have to try that vs my schools laser cutter.

MrOreo123 said:
I cut, fold, glue, cut, fold, glue, cut, fold, glue, etc. It might not be faster per se, but it helps to break the monotony of cutting for hours on end, followed by scoring for hours on end, and gluing for hours on end. I think it also helps to keep the pieces organized and cuts down on searching for pieces later.

I also prefer cutting with a utility knife. The extra bulk is a little more comfortable for me over an exacto knife. I also score my folds with a relatively small diameter pizza cutter. I tried the pen and ruler technique, but since I can cut fairly straight freehand already, I figure why not score freehand as well? And it's a little faster too. As far as distinguishing between mountain and valley folds (the reason for the two pen colors), I change the color of all my valley fold lines green before I print (black mountains and green valleys, get it?:)).
u score with a pizza cutter ,ive never heard that method before o_O ,though the craft robo cutter is very useful though configurement can be a pain in the a!@

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't want to cut faster, because that will affect how well you cut the pieces. Patience is virtue, you don't want to rush ANYTHING when it comes to pep.

Also, do what MrOreo does. Cut one sheet, fold the pieces on that sheet, glue the pieces, and continue on with the next sheet.

or if you get lazy and want to go play halo. cut pieces inbetween games and when your dead for long amounts of time and then after cutting out the portion of the helmet glue them as your waiting.

the way i cut my time in half is when i have a piece that is the same as another piece i staple them together. if you do this make sure that the lines are in the exact same spot or you will have one cut wrong. i found this out because i have to make two of every piece, and i hate cutting. after you get them stapled together hold them up to a light to dubble check the lines, the make sure that however you cut it it is as vertical as possible. you can use this with more pieces. but the ODST hip plates are the pieces that ill need 4 of so i dont think this method will be that much use full to anyone unless they are making more than ones suit of armor like me.

(i use a wallpaper razor to cut mine. dont kno if that makes a difference.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back