How can I waterproof armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fragout96

I need a cheap and inexpensive way to waterproof my armor. I have HUGE plans for the armor, that would be totally wrecked if it wasn't waterproof. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Cheap? >:

Resin is the only thing I can think of, but that's not exactly the cheapest thing on the planet.

What are you going to do?

Well, if you're using normal resin/fiberglass methods, your armor is already going to be pretty water resistant, aside from the paintjob. And that can be fixed with a few coats of a gloss (or matte) sealer of your choice. In fact, put on enough gloss coats onto any piece (even cardboard) and you'll probably be pretty good on getting rained on. Now, if we're talking full submersion, that might be a different story.

The cheapest I can think of is spray on clear coat in the automotive paint section. It's a simple spray can application and is as durable as an automotive finish. Add a coat of auto wax and bingo should be as good in the rain as your cars finish.

Well, if you're using normal resin/fiberglass methods, your armor is already going to be pretty water resistant, aside from the paintjob. And that can be fixed with a few coats of a gloss (or matte) sealer of your choice. In fact, put on enough gloss coats onto any piece (even cardboard) and you'll probably be pretty good on getting rained on. Now, if we're talking full submersion, that might be a different story.

Haha full submission! I could see myself now wondering down the beach with armor on and then suddenly dashing out to sea and going for a swim! Wether you could actually manage to swim properly with the full set of armor on i don't know

silicon, or a layer of slow set epoxy....Im a bit worried about the helmet if it will fill on water and it will be stuck on your head, you will be put in unessecery risk, dont mention if you would panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back