How did the chiefs armour get upgraded..

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's already been debunked. According to another member here, if you play multiplayer campaign, you can clearly see the damage on the other player's armor right out of the cryo bed.

When Cortana upgraded John's suit via nanobots, the damaged areas must have transferred over. This would also explain the more minor damage marks (scratches, dings, etc.). But I think we're all digging too deep at this point.

Useless nano bots, so lazy they never get the job done right

Chief's armor is just differently designed for the new trilogy, not upgraded, just a design change (and I like it!)

Spartan 1's = battle of the 300, historic Greece
Spartan 2's = Chief, Kelly and all the kids raised to be warriors; chemical, skeletal and neural augmenation to enhance performance.
Spartan 3's = ONI's "quick and dirty" Spartans made without Halsey, i.e. Noble 6, Carter, Emile, Kat - had chemical augmentation but no skeletal or neural changes
Spartan 4's = glorified ODST's with apparantly no augmentation

The retro Mk 6 you get if you beat the game on legendary is what you're supposed to believe his armor looked like in Halo 2 and 3. You're supposed to assume that his new armor is really just that old armor with a ton of new junk glued on. This is most believable on the helmet. Just imagine a bunch of tiny robot bugs cutting down old material and remanufacturing it into new sections. Like sculpting with clay. This works because that unlocked Mk. 6 and Chief's armor, just like all the other spartans, have the same pebbly undersuit.

If they ever did Halo 2 Anniversary, it would be most cost effective to 343 to just re-use the classic mk 6 armor from H4, just because they'd likely end up reusing a lot of H4 stuff anyway and they'd have to at least fake some degree of consistency.

Spartan 4's = glorified ODST's with apparantly no augmentation

They are augmented, the LE handbook has clear info about it, stuff like they need 2 hours per sleep in a 48-hour cycle, they have individually determined caloric intakes (nod to 'Ender's game'), Gabriel Thorne has a journal entry about getting healed from the process and so on.

Also, have you seen in the Spartan Ops CG videos how huge they are? Even Palmer is at least half a foot taller than Lasky :)

The retro Mk 6 you get if you beat the game on legendary is what you're supposed to believe his armor looked like in Halo 2 and 3.

I think that's just included as a nod to fans. Otherwise that armor would have been featured in some other material... No, the armor in the game is the retconned MKVI and that's it.

got screwed out of my LE by ms.com, so i haven't read any of that info. Some people are just tall, and the Chief TOWERS over the Spartan 4's, so I figured they were less than Spartan 3's in medical aug.

Am I the only who thinks the H4 Chief armor is best yet? Love H3, but this new armor just makes more sense movement-wise to me.

Chief is supposed to be about 10-12cm taller than the S4's. The ending cinematic took some artistic liberties on that, as well as the prologue shot where the scientists are testing his armor.

And yeah the H4 armor is a lot more realistic, it also helps to have a more realistically proportioned human body inside (even though the torso is significantly shortened). The various pieces can still collide here and there but the freedom of movement is a lot better, and in the usual combat poses, facing forward, the armor actually covers most of the body from incoming fire.

There are some SIV helmets that look silly, but a lot of those armor variations are actually quite cool as well IMHO. Recruit, Air Assault, Gungnir, Recon, Scout, Soldier, War Master, Pathfinder, Operator, Enforcer and the classic MKVI are my favorites so far but a few more are growing on me too.

You have to understand that 343 ran out of time on this much like Bungie did with Halo 2. Nothing's perfect - a few of the models are even reused from Reach.
There's also the fact that the game is a product, and being so it must advertise itself so that people will buy merchandise and future titles. It's possible that what should have been depicted as Mk V or old Mk VI wasn't bothered with simply because chief's new look has to stay iconic and consistent, otherwise new and causal players who don't care much for the lore may get confused.

It's also a case of who the hell honestly really even cares. It's Master chief, green robomuscle dude with the yellow visor and the gun.

Ha ha, apparently no one read my post on page two. 343i stated that they were starting a whole new trilogy. Bungie handed over Halo, and 343i is simply putting its own mark on the franchise. They didn't keep the Gregorian chant theme we've all come to know, they changed up the gameplay, the sounds, etc. Basically all they've kept are character names. They want to make Halo THEIRS, as it were. Despite the divergence (which I'm still finding difficult to get used to), I believe 343i had every right to do so, and did the right thing by doing so altogether.

So, I will reiterate: the armor MC is wearing has not been altered physically, like the metal hasn't been reshaped. It is merely 343i's rendition of the MJOLNIR Mark VI. When Cortana says she upgraded the armor, she means the software, the shields, interface, etc. Maybe there was a nano-bot process for minor details, but overall, there wasn't an in-cryo refitting, Cortana didn't undress Chief, armor was not physically removed and replaced. It is simply a new design idea, just as plainly as I myself could come up with my own ideas for what MC could look like.

As far as appearances, I think MC's new armor "APPEARANCE" looks great and is rather more practical. Some of the Spartan 4 helmets I believe are somewhat ugly (and you all may contest my opinion), but this is still Halo, and I love it. It's just taken a new direction, and that's okay!

As far as appearances, I think MC's new armor "APPEARANCE" looks great and is rather more practical. Some of the Spartan 4 helmets I believe are somewhat ugly (and you all may contest my opinion), but this is still Halo, and I love it. It's just taken a new direction, and that's okay!

thumbsup.png

1000% with you mate

Ha ha, apparently no one read my post on page two.

we read it and chose to ignore it :), JK

343i stated that they were starting a whole new trilogy. Bungie handed over Halo, and 343i is simply putting its own mark on the franchise. They didn't keep the Gregorian chant theme we've all come to know, they changed up the gameplay, the sounds, etc. Basically all they've kept are character names. They want to make Halo THEIRS, as it were. Despite the divergence (which I'm still finding difficult to get used to), I believe 343i had every right to do so, and did the right thing by doing so altogether.

Overall I think 343 has done a tremendous job, and while many things are different, they still FEEL like Halo. Some of the sounds need to be changed to better reflect the amazing new graphics, and the Elites new look is WAY more terrifying than Halo 3!

The biggest change they made that I noticed immediately and was unhappy about was the sound of the Warthog starting up and low gear driving. It no longer growls like a cornered Puma. Now it sounds like a little piglet running off.

The SPTN-4's have some crazy helmets, and there are several that I would never consider wearing, but I have always been old fashioned with Halo games and usually don either the Mrk V or VI or the CQB. I think the new direction will help Halo keep pace with CoD with the younger market, and let's all remember, they do this for the $$$

That's already been debunked. According to another member here, if you play multiplayer campaign, you can clearly see the damage on the other player's armor right out of the cryo bed.

When Cortana upgraded John's suit via nanobots, the damaged areas must have transferred over. This would also explain the more minor damage marks (scratches, dings, etc.). But I think we're all digging too deep at this point.

This may be due in part to the fact that you don't see the 3rd person view of the chief until the cutscene after he falls. The chief's character model probably always had that damage but there was no way to see it unless of course you pay co-op. Cheaper that way I guess.

The biggest change they made that I noticed immediately and was unhappy about was the sound of the Warthog starting up and low gear driving. It no longer growls like a cornered Puma. Now it sounds like a little piglet running off.

Its a hybrid warthog, uses less gas :p. I noticed it as well.

I will miss the old master chiefs armor one reason being that it was less detailed than his new armor. The new armor really intimidates me armor making wise. But regardless, i like his new armor...or in 343i`s case, he always had that armor.

got screwed out of my LE by ms.com, so i haven't read any of that info. Some people are just tall, and the Chief TOWERS over the Spartan 4's, so I figured they were less than Spartan 3's in medical aug.

Am I the only who thinks the H4 Chief armor is best yet? Love H3, but this new armor just makes more sense movement-wise to me.

ahh yes the curse of being over 6 ft tall, i too share it......

Guys, its obvious. Master chief woke up, messed around with it in forge, the reverted to last checkpoint.

Ok here's the breakdown on the armor. This armor is actually just a remake of the original H3 armor. It's still th same armor just 343 decided to re-model it. When cortana say "I've upgraded your firmware" she means that shes taken the internal software that runs the armor and upgraded it and made improvements. She has done nohting to the armor. It's just remodeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back