How do I keep my helmet from fogging up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru7h

Jr Member
I made my MkVII Armor in time for Halloween a few months ago, and I've been wanting to fix it up/redo it to make it better with more detail, better fiberglassing, etc. The problem I had with my helmet is when I had it on, the visor (It's one of those HJC RST replacement ones) would always fog up when I breathe and I can't see anything. What can I do to remedy that? I'm probably going to make a new helm, so I can easily change/modify something during the building process.

Thanks,

-Tru7h

Fans help, also motorcycle anti fog spray works, it's for motorcycle visors, it repels moister which forms fog.

Tru7h said:
The problem I had with my helmet is when I had it on, the visor (It's one of those HJC RST replacement ones) would always fog up when I breathe and I can't see anything. What can I do to remedy that?
Stop breathing? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t completely seal up the visor. I leave a gap under the bill of the helmet to act as an exhaust for my breathing, works great... Hot air rises, who would have thunk it.

Some people I have seen drill small holes under the chin where it isnt visible when wearing, puting a fan there may help.

Alright, I'll try making vent holes and stuff. If I were to use fans, I should get something for PC cooling, right? They're fairly small. I'll just need to figure out placement and wiring after that.

Also, this is a bit unrelated, but where can I find Slyfo's Halo 3 MKVI Helm? I downloaded his all in one pack, but it wasn't in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back