How Do I Make Wrist Gauntlets Hollow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus1991

o_O

I have searched and can't find how to make my writs gauntlets hollow.
I Need to know how to :

- Size them (FIGURED IT OUT)

- Cast Them Hollow
p.s. i already know what materials, and techniques to make silicone.)

Also Where can i find some High Detail Pics Of a Gauntlet ?
I'm going to hire a sculptor(MY FAMILY MEMBER), and she needs to see some detail pictures of them (i already have hand guards,helmet, pic's)
just need Chest Plate/Back Plate & Wrist and leg gauntlets.

o_O

You can open up pepakura and use the high detai filesl. If that does't work, go to your 360 and take your own pictures with teathre.

Remember, there's always google for last resort.

Read the stickies, and ask the Q&A Team if the stickies don't provide your answer. I know how to cast it hollow, but I'm not exactly sure on the type of plastic or silicone you're using, so...

PM a Q&A Team member (Their thread is in the sticky section of this subforum), and they'll help you.

Also, try to use the search function (In the top right corner of the site page), because I'm fairly certain this has been asked before.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Read the stickies, and ask the Q&A Team if the stickies don't provide your answer. I know how to cast it hollow, but I'm not exactly sure on the type of plastic or silicone you're using, so...

PM a Q&A Team member (Their thread is in the sticky section of this subforum), and they'll help you.

Also, try to use the search function (In the top right corner of the site page), because I'm fairly certain this has been asked before.

i'm going to use smooth cast.. i've searched the stickies... but i'll PM a Q&A member
thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you are looking for is when you put the plastic in the mold, you just put a little bit and swish it around until it hardens. You need to use a little at a time and build many layers (7 ithink, ask Adam someone else who has made molded armor)

When you make the mold, make sure you cap the ends of the gauntlets. This will make them hollow. Just have to cut the caps back out later. Perfect question for the Q&A Team too. Shoulda asked us first.

tlither said:
When you make the mold, make sure you cap the ends of the gauntlets. This will make them hollow. Just have to cut the caps back out later. Perfect question for the Q&A Team too. Shoulda asked us first.

thanks...and yes next time i will ask a Q&A team member first.
Do you have any links to some pictures showing how this looks ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back