how do u make a master chief costume under 20$ if u know how plz tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowgrunt

hey if any of u pro creators are reading this can u plz tell me how to make a master chief costume under 20$ plz and thxs .......................Shadowgrunt

It wont look good, well to me at least, but go with paper mache.

Honestly, You should save up at least 100-200 bucks and make it yourself with fiberglass.

Ill try to help you out in a way that I am making my armor. Dont worry I already tested everything and it all works. Also this is a very small tutorial just because im sure you know what to do with the fiberglass and all.

Sculpt your helmet out of clay. It will be hard, trust me, I know. You want to detail it and make it proportionate. My suggestion would be to get a mold of your held from plaster bandages, and then fill it with plaster. After you are done with that, You can start forming the clay around it. When done with the helmet, What I would do is apply 20 layers of latex ( Why latex, you ask? well its so the fiberglass doesnt stick to the clay. ) Then apply your fiberglass after the latex has had enough time to cure. When everything is dry remove the plaster cast of your head along with the clay.

Repeat those steps for the armor.

Other people on here though might have better ways than me or similar. This however is the best way for me to make armor.

Look Ill just list some resorces for you:

Mods
Admins
Stickies Pepakura Forum
Stickies Molded Armor Forum
Creation Discussion Forum
Weapons and Props Forums
Former Members
Other Members
NAS
Westerfield
German Statue Recastors
Adam
Me=p
and
all the other wonderful members here

Im just trying to say no one is going to "hold your hand" and walk you all the way through armor. (Thanks to the quote its one from the mods.)

SPARTAN405 said:
Ill try to help you out in a way that I am making my armor. Dont worry I already tested everything and it all works. Also this is a very small tutorial just because im sure you know what to do with the fiberglass and all.
Sculpt your helmet out of clay. It will be hard, trust me, I know. You want to detail it and make it proportionate. My suggestion would be to get a mold of your held from plaster bandages, and then fill it with plaster. After you are done with that, You can start forming the clay around it. When done with the helmet, What I would do is apply 20 layers of latex ( Why latex, you ask? well its so the fiberglass doesnt stick to the clay. ) Then apply your fiberglass after the latex has had enough time to cure. When everything is dry remove the plaster cast of your head along with the clay.
Repeat those steps for the armor.
Other people on here though might have better ways than me or similar. This however is the best way for me to make armor.
oh ok i was gonna do a similar thing soo first sculpt it outta clay than what apply plaster bandages and than fiberglass?
do you mind if i get some pics of this? or of your completed armor so i can see what im shooting for

Last edited by a moderator:
insperaition said:
oh ok i was gonna do a similar thing soo first sculpt it outta clay than what apply plaster bandages and than fiberglass?
do you mind if i get some pics of this? or of your completed armor so i can see what im shooting for

No, you dont apply the plaster bandages to the clay you apply it to yourself ( or have someone else do it for you. make sure you put vaseline on your face so the plaster doesnt stick to it. after that you fill the plaster bandage cast of your face with Plaster. Then you form the clay around. Sorry if i was too vague.

Also My armor is not done yet, nor has it started.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only way to make a costume for less then 20 USD,

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/gallerie...heap/36?page=11

:rolleyes

Please look around before posting these sort of threats. Pep is a good alternative. The cost of sculpting and bodycast are more like 1000 dollars then 20 dollars. Read the stickies, and if you have any question please post them in that stickie. If you have a question about any thing else please use the search button on the top of your screen.

sort of wrong section but i made mine with only wasting about 30 dollars i bought card stock 5 dollars fiber glass resin
10 dollars some ink i had already a visor 5 dollars velcrow 2 dollars paint 5 dollars and some fiber glass cloth 5 dollars that came to a total of 32 dollars so ya u can make 1 in with only 20 only dont buy the cloth since it isnt necessaty and dont buy my type of visor u can get 1 for cheaper but i bought a group of 5. also u can get something else besides velcrow so try my method if u want a cheap suit and a durable suit

free cardboard from your local post office and then get old (free) newspaper from there too.

get some glue. ($10) and some water (you should have some already...)

and a pan/bucket.

oh, and u'll need some pens.

thats about all you need for a great paper mache Cardboard Master chief suit. it could look good if you spend the time to get the details with cardboard.

i'd also like to mention that no matter which of these paths you decide to take, its gonna take work. a lot of work. and probably all of that $20

Paper Mache Path
110lb cardstock, 150 sheets -- 5.00 Walmart
mini hot glue gun -- 1.99 Hobby Lobby
hot glue sticks, bag -- 1.99 Hobby Lobby
Wallpaper border paste, 32 ozs -- 4.99 Lowe's
Newspaper -- free
acrylic craft paint, choice color 8oz -- 1.87 Walmart
acrylic craft paint, metallic 2oz -- 1.67 Walmart
acrylic craft paint, black 2oz -- 1.67 Walmart
foam brushes, 3 -- 1.00 Walmart
velcro, 3ft strip -- 1.00 Walmart

huge amounts of time and patience -- priceless

You are on your own as far as helmet visor (2L coke bottle plastic), helmet padding, and the all important underarmor (blk dyed long johns)

-dwoo

I did mine with lots of tape, poster board and spraypaint. Mind you it's not very resilient and will get crunched kind of easily, but if you are creative you can make a pretty good one. Just make sure the tape is really flat and flush with the poster board and doesnt stick up.

Us pro's say it's impossible, I spent 160 dollars on my armor, so I wouldnt try making one for 20 dollars, 20 dollars would make me nothing because paint alone for my armor costed me 40 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back