how do you guys get so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie 101

how do you guys get so good ive been making some cardboard costumes trying to get better but it never seems to work can you guys tell me how to get better

it's just like anything, try new techniques, look at other peoples work to learn as much as possible and practice like crazy. took me almost 3 years of learning to produce something that i think is of good quality.

it's just like anything, try new techniques, look at other peoples work to learn as much as possible and practice like crazy. took me almost 3 years of learning to produce something that i think is of good quality.

Could not have said it any better!

Well, cardborad is not a n easy thing to work with. But, practive makes perfect, so just try new things and sooner or later you'll get better.

Experiment with differant methods and see which one works best for what you are trying to acomplish . Example-

You want to make a handplate for your new costume but dont know how to acomplish it.

Lets look at two methods-
1. Pepakura

2. Clay (which will require molding)

Pepakura will be much easier to make and will give you what you wanted , but you may not have the ammount of detail wanted.
Clay will be slightly harder to use , but if you work hard, You can make a AWSOME handplate.

So When you set out to acomplish somthing , look at methods avalible and experiment. As you move on, You will learn what methods work best and will produce the nicest work. And remember -

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

Jacob

PS

200th POST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back