How Long Will The Mark Vi Helmet Take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike52

Ok so this will be my first attempt at making halo armor. They have a hat day at my school and i wana blow people out of the water, so i decided to try the Mark VI helmet. How long should it take, considering that this is my first project. Ive been putting alot of research into this so i think i know what to do, but i was wondering if i could get like a time estimate.

depnds on the scale but if you go fast about 2 or 3 days to pep then a day to resin and glass and then a few to smooth it and detail it

I'd say anywhere from a week to two weeks depending on the amount of detail you want in the bondo stage and maybe a bit longer for a really nice paint job.

Thats if you already have all the materials and free time.

Depends also on how good you are with your hands. If this is your first project like this of any kind it could take you longer. If you rush it you may not like your finished Helm. Your question makes me think you want it fast. Fast is won't be unless you have been doing it for a while.

Now with that said, go for it. If I can do it anyone can.

Good luck.

Well, I'm not sure about the Mark VI helmet, but I can say this.....my FIRST attempt at a pep project was the hayabusa helmet. It has WAY more crap to it than the Mark VI because of all those spike things. It took me 15 hours to cut out, fold and glue that thing together! :eek If you have any type of artistic ability, pepping should come almost easy to you. The Mark VI seems to be less work than the hayabusa helmet in my opinion.

I think that if you work very diligently, you should be able to get it done pretty quick. It IS possible to do it without the aid of bondo. I have seen bondo-less Mark VI helmets and they didn't look too bad. If you go without the bondo, I would go with a HD Mark VI helmet. When you apply the resin to the outside, make sure you apply THIN coats and apply at least 2 coats and allow to dry between coats. Then fiberglass the inside. From there, you will need some type of padding to put inside the helmet so that the helmet is comfortable and to keep pieces of fiberglass stabbing you in your skull! lol You will also need to worry about getting a visor for it as well. And don't forget your paint! :p

As long as you have the money to afford all the supplies, the weather is nice and you have enough free time and use ANY AND ALL free time you have, you could maybe get it completed within 5-7 days.

Just pepping took for my low Detail Mark VI about 6 hours together with my girlfriend.

If you are alone i would say double the time and you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back