How much contact cement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragyn

I have finally decided to just start my cosplay so I don't put it off for any longer, but I have no idea how much contact cement to buy. I don't wanna go crazy and buy way more than I need and then just let it sit out for a few years, but I also don't want to make a ton of trips to the store and spend more than I have to. any help is appreciated. <3

I have finally decided to just start my cosplay so I don't put it off for any longer, but I have no idea how much contact cement to buy. I don't wanna go crazy and buy way more than I need and then just let it sit out for a few years, but I also don't want to make a ton of trips to the store and spend more than I have to. any help is appreciated. <3
Get you a gallon size or quart size of contact cement. If u get gallon(which is a tad bit pricer but worth it) it help u having to keep going to the store for about 3-4months and have on handy when u need to do repairs. The qt size is money saver but can run out in a week- 2 months

Get you a gallon size or quart size of contact cement. If u get gallon(which is a tad bit pricer but worth it) it help u having to keep going to the store for about 3-4months and have on handy when u need to do repairs. The qt size is money saver but can run out in a week- 2 months
Thank you so much! While I am thinking about it, do you know what type of glue will hold the best in cold weather?

As someone who has tried both DAP and Barge.
Barge contact cement is the best to go with in my opion, shorter cure time, stronger bond.
Usually a quart will get you through a project.
I would suggest buying the barge thinner though in case it drys up depending on if you use the brush from the can or pour into squeeze bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back