How to attach armor to undersuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halo4

Hey,
A friend sent me the link for the 405th forums. He's doing a set of pep armor and he got me hooked. I plan on making my set sometime later in the month. I hope to have a full MC by New Year's.

I understand everything about the construction, except that I'm wondering how to attach the final armor to the undersuit.
I've used the search function for "attaching armor," "Underarmor," "Attachment," and "Bodysuit" with no promising results

I'm no stranger to costuming, as I've been playing Batman in my area for almost a year and have over $200 invested into the costume.

09-08-07010.jpg

I'm also trying to get into the Rebel Legion with a jedi.

If this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry. This makes the (at least) 6th forum I've joined and each one has different divisions.

Thanks for reading, I hope that I'll fit in here,
MC-3189

edit: oh, I've read all of the "newbies look here" threads, so I'm pretty well versed on the forum.

No, this is the right place.

There are different ways to attach the armour to yourself. I system is to wear a cut down load bearing vest and to attach the armour to that.
I cut the pouches off but that is unnessesary. Then I put a belt (the bottom of the vest has belt loops) and attach the thigh pieces at the sides with loops into the belt. (like a drop leg holster) I also attach the codpiece to the belt (either loops, or if you can get an old webbing belt, alice clips) The shins are held on just like shin pads for hockey. (some straps that tighten at the back). As for the shoulder pieces I haven't figured it out yet. currently it is just tight straps, but they don't work very well. If you can get an undersuit that features epaulets (cover alls usually do have epaulets, you just have to find a tight fitting set in black - I lucked out, I am a glider pilot and Canadian nomex flightsuits have epaulets, but they don't come in black, so you'll have to dye it). Forearms I attached the gloves to the cuffs and have tight gloves to that keeps those on.

And you put the helmet on your head, just be sure to put the end with the visor forward :p

Thanks for the help
I read over it 4-5 times (I'm a slow learner) and I think I understand it now.

I just need to find some time to get off my duff and start on the helmet.

MC-3189

sorta off topic here but.....Hey MC-3189....it's Gthmnyt2580 from the BOTB...nice to see you here too!!....i'm pretty new here too and have just been lurkin around mostly and started building my pep helmet....i actually had the same questions you had

Gthmnyt2580 said:
sorta off topic here but.....Hey MC-3189....it's Gthmnyt2580 from the BOTB...nice to see you here too!!....i'm pretty new here too and have just been lurkin around mostly and started building my pep helmet....i actually had the same questions you had
Hey, it's nice to see another bat in a world of Spartans. Mind if I add you as a friend?

Vexona said:
Thanks.

If anyone has them, I'm really looking for some pics of the hookups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's ya some pics of what I'm purchasing...

backpackclip.jpg

PH018_150.JPG

LongridgeTrolleyStraps.jpg

Some of those are the 'backpack' variety or like Golf Trolley Straps.

MC-3189 said:
Hey, it's nice to see another bat in a world of Spartans. Mind if I add you as a friend?
Thanks.
If anyone has them, I'm really looking for some pics of the hookups.

I definitely dont mind you adding me as a friend...go for it

Chuck Norris said:
i reccomend do either use magnets or velcro and get clips like vexonas to hold the suit

I used snap buttons for my suit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back