Props How To Make A Weapon Prop- Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i know that i'm going to farther, but, have you ever think about to apart of creating a blattle rifle, creating a battle rifle gotcha toooo!!!! i will love to have a mark VI suit with a gotcha rifle ^^.

jeje seriously, i love your rifle, it's perfect, i will try to make a bee puket gun jeje spiker ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a solid tutorial bud, it's just missing some photos of the finished product. Let us see how it looks when it's done!

Keep up the good work. Show us some more!

Very nice tutorial. Just double check your spelling and grammer. I noticed a few errors, but not bad. Seems like you were in a hurry. And like Sean said.....more pictures. The more pictures the better because no matter how well you explain the step (and you did well) some people will still scratch their head and think "man, how do I do that?"

Now with that said, I am off to dive into a dumpster and get some cardboard. :lol

@Sean Bradley- Thanks :D ! Im planning on having the Resining part of the tutorial updated with pictures by tonight/tomorrow night.

@JEDI THERON- I fixed a few errors, and also tampered with the wording to make it more understandable. Great to hear your going to get cardboard :p. I hope to see some progress soon.

If anybody has any more questions, I will be more then happy to answer them. Just read the tutorial carfully, and take your time. NEVER rush your work ;) .

Thanks for the comments/constructive critisim.

CHEERS!

LastSpartan said:
Can't wait to see pics of this when done :)

If you have a second similar BR laying around, drop me a PM ;)

Depending on how well it turns out overall, I may mold it and make a few casts ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
because it looks great the way it is, its most likely gonna look like a WETA or a PEP one when finished, good luck on the scope.

Im hoping it turns out like the Weta one. Im most certan that it won't surn out like a pep one. No offence to anybody out there who has tried and failed at a pep weapon, but I have seen some rifles in bad shape after resin and fiberglass.

Im still working on making it out of cardboard, so I guess about...uhh...4 months. But Im adding tones of little details. If you check out my WIP thread, you can see a bunch of close-ups of the detail work I did using cardboard.

Howdy.

I;m pretty new here, and this is my first ever project.

Just have some questions about the materials used.

First off, would THESE rifle rails work? What size of spring? what gauge of wire? You list 'strong' in the materials list, but strong could be anything short of fishing wire (unless we get like a 50 lb fishing wire...).

And also... what's the need for a rifle scope rail (probably a stupid question...), like, what kind of scope would it use? Would THIS precision reflex scope work?

That's so much for the assist... super n00b looking for a hand!

The spring is just a regular pull spring. Aslong as it works, the length is good, and your happy with the spring back, its fine.

The wire should be a 100lbs+ test wire. It has to be fairly strong. Just made sure its bendable, but won't break under a large amount of preasure.

The scope mounts you have shown me in the link are not the best choice, but will work just as well. It all comes down to personal preferance.

The scope you have shown me in the link isn't the greatest either. You should aim for something like a 1" scope. Im making a custome scope, so the size of a tube im using is what I chose it to be. Again, its all about personal preferance.

Good luck with your project, and hope to see some progress soon.

Cheers!

20mm rails are the best size to use. But, it all depends on the scope rings you used on your scope. If they are 30mm scope rings, get a 30mm rail. If the scope rings are for a 13mm rail, then use a 13mm rail.

Thank you for this tutorial. I am making my first Halo gun with these blueprints. I will post my pics. when I can. :lol Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back