How To Make Wrist Guantlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus1991

I have searched and can't find how to make my writs gauntlets hollow.
I Need to know how to :

- Size them

- Cast Them Hollow

p.s. i already know what materials, and techniques to make silicone.)

Also Where can i find some High Detail Pics Of a Gauntlet ?
I'm going to hire a sculptor, and she needs to see some detail pictures of them (i already have hand guards,helmet, pic's)
just need Chest Plate/Back Plate & Wrist and leg gauntlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use pepakura, read the faqs, then mold the finished pep pieces.
You can make pep look as good as molded or clay models, just use hi def models and a little bondo.
I'm sure no one is going to up and donate you silicone molds or clay models, unless you pay for them.

Sorry but that won't happen. If you want to donate the proceeds to charity, build the suit yourself. At least until folks around here know you. Until that time, I don't think anyone will donate any parts let alone molds. Good luck.

Wait.... are you looking to BUY a mold or clay sculpt? Or do you want one donated to you? If your lookin for a free ride, it aint happenin. I do think someone was SELLING a mold though...

dude, I'm pretty sure this is against the rules, and totally not going to happen, If you want someone to be honest its me. I don't think someone is just going to give you there clay models they spent hours on so you can sell it and take the money.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Wait.... are you looking to BUY a mold os clay sculpt? Or do you want one donated to you? If your lookin for a free ride, it aint happenin. I do think someone was SELLING a mold though...

Ok sorry..guess i wasn't very clear.
I'm really looking to be able to buy some Clay Sculptures, since most people don't use them after they make their silicone molds. I have the talent and the budgeted money, but not the time to make the sculpture .
Any Suggestions ?

PEPAKURA READ THE DAMN FAQS!
You can make an armor suit with pep, and mold and cast that.
My advice is not stupid, because more than half of the members here use it, and usually come out with great results.

Sorry but your OP sounds like a scam. Someone tried something like this before (clay donations) and look what the donors got: nothing. This is an expensive hobby and if you can't afford to make one for yourself, then you can't afford to make one and give it away.

Relax guys. He said he has the money but not the time... Does anyone recall who it was that was selling his mold?

marcus, you'r most likey never getting someone to give up their clay sculpture. So your choices are extremely limited....

If worst comes to worst, you can always make your own using pepakura.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Relax guys. He said he has the money but not the time... Does anyone recall who it was that was selling his mold?

marcus, you're most likely never getting someone to give up their clay sculpture. So your choices are extremely limited....

If worst comes to worst, you can always make your own using pepakura.

well sorry... i'm really not trying to scam any one. I really could buy some though.
i know the pep thing works but i am a graphics designer and don't have a whole lot of free time to do that..
so in short,

I DON'T WANT DONATIONS !!!!

P.S. thanks blacrose for the support.. i dont want to scam anyone... i just want to help raise a little money for a local charity.

You can probably buy a muckle statue sculpture off of Ebay for a couple thousand and make parts from that but it will cost you about another 2 thousand in molding materials for a full suit. Then it still needs undersuit, strapping, paint, visor, electronics package.

A full suit will probably not sell for more than a couple thousand anyway so I don't really follow your logic, you'll still be about 4K in the hole if you keep none of the proceeds. Why not just donate the cash?

If you're not trying to make multiples then I don't see why you want masters, why not just ask for parts donation? Also clay masters+postal service=damaged goods.

lol no problem. People like to make assumptions very quickly since we have so many new comers that instantly make the wrong decision and get jumped by us veterans. I just happen to be in a jolly mood right now so i didnt bite your head off lol.

Hopefully we can find you that mold... i'll do a search for it ....sometime soon..ish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back