How To Scale Your Armour - Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i just have 1 question, im sizing my jorge helmet,i did all that was in the tutorial,my scale is 7.6,jorges helmet is 3.5cm, but there is no attachment on the top can u give me an estimate of how big the attachment will be, jorge is staring straight at me not a sideways pic, Help is greatly appreciated,Thanks! http://www.thespeedgamers.com/wp-con...cept_Jorge.jpg here is the pic is used for reference (note i cropped the picture for printing so that Jorge would fit like your odst guy)

Here's a good image for the chief.

800px-Mark_VI_Study.jpg

after searching for your tutorial for quite some time, I find that you've taken it off! Im really bummed about that, it was the only one that made sense to me too!! PLEASE put it back up, Im SOOOOOO excited to get started, I just finished my pepekura helmet and its too small!!! I would REALLY appreciate you putting your tutorial back up, Im not some ten year old lil wanna be either, I got the gear, I just need the guidance come on X.T 101, there are other brother spartans who need your knowledge ( I even photo copied that exact pic you had up too!!).

okay so ive successfully scaled armor before. for example, the master chief armor, when i download it the preset scale is around 31. and when i scale it to my body it goes down to about 26. and it works, the problem is is i want to scale the noble 6 armor to me, and when i download it its scale is quite a few numbers off from 31. some of the scale numbers are as high as 225. so im not sure if this is the scale to noble 6's height, or its already scaled to someone elses height. should i just use the formula and scale it with the numbers already put into the files?

okay so ive successfully scaled armor before. for example, the master chief armor, when i download it the preset scale is around 31. and when i scale it to my body it goes down to about 26. and it works, the problem is is i want to scale the noble 6 armor to me, and when i download it its scale is quite a few numbers off from 31. some of the scale numbers are as high as 225. so im not sure if this is the scale to noble 6's height, or its already scaled to someone elses height. should i just use the formula and scale it with the numbers already put into the files?

The scale factor is almost useless, the actual dimensions are what's important.
Look at post #145 in this thread (right above your question), it refers to a scaling tutorial.

When you are changing the dimensions, they are all locked to scale, so changing one with keep the others in proportion. Will it mess up the build if you like only change one dimension?

The problem I'm having is that I finished my first helmet, which I scaled at a height/width/depth of 280/214/335 mm, since I measured the proportions to my head and 28 cm left a good amount of space extra. So I built it and then when it was finished, I found that, while in terms of height and depth there was plenty of comfortable space inside, it wasn't really wide enough and it was like scratching my head and all that (to wear it, I had to like really trim off parts in the inside and pad it). So I'm planning on starting a second, better helmet this time but I'm not sure what to do with the scaling. Like I said, the height and depth of before was fine, the width is the problem (since apparently I have a very wide head), but then another problem came because when I make the width larger - I tried 228 mm width - the height and depth then also get even larger, and the big parts don't even fit on one page so... yeah, not sure what to do.
Thanks.

EDIT: Jeez, just realized I was looking at an old thread...

huge problem, literally .....i made my second pepakura project, which was a covenant carbine, it turned out way too big, original file size, how much should i scale it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back