How to set up your Xbox 360 to Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLegend

Jr Member
I can't seem to find Windows XP Media Center on my computer, and the site (www.xbox.com/pcsetup) won't let me download anything but the Update Rollup 2. I went ahead and just tried installing the Rollup, but then my computer said I needed Media Center. .....I can't find Media Center on my computer!

Where would I find it on my computer?
Where else can I maybe try downloading Media Center 2005 for an XP machine?
What else might I not be understanding?

I just wanna extract pictures and maybe videos from my Xbox. If there's another way, please help :(

i've got one thing for the inderstanding:
if it says "you need media center" thats gonna mean you don't have it.
so im suggesting searching it or try finding it at a store.

You need windows media center to have media center, if you dont, then it's impossible to get, try using Media portal, google for it, it's a copy of wmc for PC's without media center, and it's free, so try it, it might work.

Media center only comes with windows media center edition, meaning, your version of windows, you cant just download it.

You can also get it if you have vista, it comes on all versions except home.

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/download.html

I know the 360 can connect to media center also, but adam is right, it also works with windows media player 11, go to microsoft's website and download it for free.

AoBfrost said:
I know the 360 can connect to media center also, but adam is right, it also works with windows media player 11, go to microsoft's website and download it for free.
Mmmm, you and Adam are giving me the best option for what I have.
So....will this enable me to *add* pictures to the computer with Media Player 11? Cause.....I'm not in need of sharing things *from* my computer; I just need to extract things from the 360.

....and good thing we have one Vista computer in the house. If all else fails, I'll just put it on that work computer :p

Fragclone said:
i've got one thing for the inderstanding:
if it says "you need media center" thats gonna mean you don't have it.
so im suggesting searching it or try finding it at a store.
Here's what it says:
"This computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
To connect your Xbox 360 you’ll need to download Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005."

I'll take that to mean I have it somewhere....somehow....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironcobra3000 said:
then update it :p
You're not reading, are you.... :cautious:
I try to update the Rollup (aka upgrade), but it says I need to go through the first version. Since I can't find the first version already on my computer, I decided to try and download that too. That's the problem! The site already thinks I have Media Center on my comp, so it's not going to give it to me!

Torrents, thats always good, if you dont mine doing something thats ilegal then torrent it :)

Ps: mods if this is inapropriat please delete my post, Thank you...

MysticLegend said:
Mmmm, you and Adam are giving me the best option for what I have.
So....will this enable me to *add* pictures to the computer with Media Player 11? Cause.....I'm not in need of sharing things *from* my computer; I just need to extract things from the 360.

....and good thing we have one Vista computer in the house. If all else fails, I'll just put it on that work computer :p
Here's what it says:
"This computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
To connect your Xbox 360 you’ll need to download Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005."

I'll take that to mean I have it somewhere....somehow....

You won't find "Media Center" anywhere, because that refers to the version of Windows you are running. Like some people have Windows 2000, some have XP, and some have XP Media Center Edition...

However, as far as I know, connecting to a computer with your XBox360 in this manner only allows you to stream media from the computer.

See here:

HaloASC said:
Torrents, thats always good, if you dont mine doing something thats ilegal then torrent it :)
Ps: mods if this is inapropriat please delete my post, Thank you...

Be carefull of torrent though, Heard that they were suein a crap load o people,

I had to fix my thingy on my box too. Every time there is an update I have to redo everything to acess stuff on my box...I.E. alot of movies and music I'm gettin tired of having to go through and reset everything so I can touch it again, any permanet solution???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back