Howdy & first project (Carter helm WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate86

UPDATE PAGE 2

Well how's it goin guys! My names Noah, and I've been lurkin around here for a while now, but only recently decided to commit to making a helm. I just finished the Rondo process so I figured I'd throw up a few pics for your consideration :)

Post-resin fit test:

001.jpg

Post resin and rondo:

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

my respirator :)

BWAHAHA

006.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

thats one clean looking Carter helm!
nicely done, and awesome filter, looks like those stereotypical government suits you see in alien and monster movies :p

thats one clean looking Carter helm!
nicely done, and awesome filter, looks like those stereotypical government suits you see in alien and monster movies :p

Well I figure if it can keep out radioactive death, I should be good around resin :) Thanks!

Haha :-D
Well, then it's alright. But if this is actually an NBC-suit, keep in mind that its filter will be a hell more expensive than an ordinary vapour filter for an ordinary spray painting respirator.

well I didn't buy it for peping, in fact I didn't buy it at all. but I have extra filters just in case.

The helmet looks great, and I really like the respirator. It must keep your entire head dust free. :)

nice job on the helmet, it looks like all your sanding paid off really well! you can see each side nicely. And of course, your chemical suit is pretty awesome too :)

Update: I've begun the bondo-ing. one thing I've noticed is that it is infinitely better if you use the SMALLEST amount possible, and build up from there. Also my Xacto knife has been my best friend so far for trimming excess bondo, and shaping the lines of the helm. I added another coat of primer on top of the recently worked on area to give a better idea of the progress.

as you can see the newly re-primered area has been raised, smoothed, and shaped except for a few spots.
004.jpg

There is still much work to be done on this area alone, like the uneven line in the middle of the top piece here. This will be fixed with over bondo-ing that area, then cutting off the excess with my Xacto knife till the line is even, then sanding smooth :).
002.jpg

Here's a pic for comparison, note that I've raised the little mid section with bondo on the other side since the dip was far too drastic to begin with as you can see.
005.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

Small update, lotta bondo. Trying to get all the angles & spacing correct since the pep file was missing a lot of details, and had a lot of incorrect areas... also picked up a dremel, which has made my life a lot easier :)
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back