Howdy!

Lonesniper12634

I'm looking to make a Reach Marine Armor set before SDCC! I am a US Marine, so on base at Miramar I have free access to a 3D Printer, I just pay for the plastic and I can print away. So I'm looking forward to working at it slowly. I'm going to start with the Shoulders and Thighs, then the Torso areas, then the Helmet, and finishing up with Forearms and Calfs.
My second suit I want to be an ODST kit.
I'm not big on the Spartan stuff, I've always preferred the every day dudes in Halo.

Ideally, I want to have an M73 as my weapon because in the real Marines I LOVED my M240B, and every minute I spend around MGs are good ones. But right now, I have the Nerf MA40 and Needler, as well as a 3D printed M6.

For my ODST suit, I was thinking I'd make my Cosplay my favorite Halo Character, 2LT Faison. Died at the hands of Thel Vadem holding a modified M6. I'm thinking I'd make it like an Artillery handgun from WW1 with a full wood stock pistol grip. But thats later down the line. For now, Reach Marine kit.

I wish the Halo Wars/2 Anniversary Marine armor was available in STL because I would print that up in a heartbeat and wear it on my Flak IRL XD I love the look of the front plate, because it seems like something I'd actually wear as Ballistic protection. So if there are STLs for the HW Marine armor please lmk, I'd choose that as my DREAM armor set

Welcome to the 405th! It just so happens that another new member is wanting to make a marine, and so I sent him a link to a bunch of build threads that are full of useful information. You may find it useful too:

Hey man welcome to the 405th!
Having access to a 3d printer is perfect as there are loads of files to choose from (I'll link Moesizzlac's Reach Marine STLs below!).
I'd really recommend that you get a program called Armorsmith for scaling your armour, it's a very popular program here and loads of us use it for 3d printed armour, foam armour and pepakura armour!

Ask away if you have any questions!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back