HUD Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAY too busy. How could you expect to fight with that much blinking in your face? Let's not even talk about peripheral vision...

yeah it's the one suit that would be way to hard to build let alone wear. and the hud would be a boss if you could make it work.

Have you ever heard of XRobots? He does youtube videos. He put light up eyes that you can still see through into an iron man helmet by mounting LED's along the edges. I think if you did two lenses - and inner and an outer - and had the LED's lighting up behind the vinyl it could work.

but if you are trying to work on a budget without tech, why not just glue Glow Thread to the inside of the lens.
http://www.amazon.com/Glow-The-Dark-Thread-Yards-White/dp/B000I1HKIQ
http://www.glo-net.com/glow-thread.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What you just explained though, would people be able to see the light or my face? I'm trying not to do that, I wanna stay away from having anything else glow other than the HUD

Looks good for producing a static image. I you could get one with the "radar" and one with the "ammo", you might just have enough space in the helmet to project onto the visor. Since only the wearer would be able to see it, it's more personal opinion that presentation in my view, but definitely something I'll consider.

I guess you could also remove the logo entirely and use it for gun flashlights if you wanted a narrower beam. Given the size, they may even work for helmet lights.

I think it well still be in the early stage's. trying to build one too only mines ODST. might go for the kilo five ODST upgrade helm.

we aren't engineers that can make this fit in a helmet that is compete man it would be the biggest nightmare in the world. well not the biggest this is the biggest...

Ih_POA_helmet_orthos01c.jpg

this one opens and closes plus theirs a secondary visor to the HUD so yeah sticking that in just won't work.

Attachments

• Ih_POA_helmet_orthos01c.jpg
    Ih_POA_helmet_orthos01c.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 134
Just a quick, butting-in word of advice; when you do make the HUD consider labeling the motion tracker offline or malfunctioning or something.

I've been working on the possibility of a rearview camera for a while now. it would be clear to the peripherals if the hud is located 2.5" minimum from the jaw, leaving the rest of the visor unhindered.

Hey guys, sorry but I'm not really going to be able to post any updates on what I'm doing, simply because I'm not doing anything right now!
As much as I'd love to start toying with these ideas I plan or starting to make the HUD after I am done with my armor. And for now I am not making anything, I am just getting all my ideas together and making a plan for what I am going to do. But I won't be able to actually start anything untill after this summer.
But when I do actually do something I will be sure to make a WIP or something to show off all these great ideas and such that you guys helped me get.

And I will be sure to thank anyone and everyone for their ideas when I get to testing out which one I'll use.
Thanks for the help guys! And please keep the ideas coming! Any ideas are welcome as long as they arent too similar to someone elses idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back