Status
Not open for further replies.

Installation00

Hey everyone,

I'm Installation00, the Halo Youtuber. I'm new to the 405th but been keeping an eye on events here for a long time. Just thought I'd pop on and share a little progress update.

For those who don't know, I've been putting effort into creating Halo technology in real life. I have been researching and developing for around 15 years in between gaining my qualifications and working in Industry, before becoming a full-time Tuber/Company Director, and have been privately funding it up until April when I started a gofundme.

Well today's post is just to share that I am currently in the thick of integrating the Microsoft Hololens 2 into the Halo Infinite MJOLNIR GEN III Helmet, along with a visor, breathing systems, ventilation systems, hermetic seals, padding, and audio array systems to make it as close to the functionality of the actual helmet as possible. I am currently 3D printing the GEN III helmet to start the job of fitting all of this inside the helmet.

The Hololens seems like it was almost built to fit inside the helmet, and the HUD systems like the targeting, HUD overlay, Smart Scope and the like are all attainable goals on the Hololens. After I am happy with how it all fits, I have an ex-colleague who is able to Print the helmet in Titanium via a DMLS 3D Printer, the end goal being that it will be, at least as far as I am aware, the only fully functional Titanium MJOLNIR Helmet in existence.

My question is, would you like to be kept in the loop on progress as it continues?

Attachments

• Holo1.jpg
    Holo1.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Holo2.jpg
    Holo2.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Holo3.jpg
    Holo3.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 335
  • Holo4.jpg
    Holo4.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 269
  • Hololens.jpg
    Hololens.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 258
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 247
Well I am certainly interested in seeing where this is going. RandomRanger it appears another HUD person may be entering the fun

It would appear I've been beaten to the punch.
Great work! Can't wait to see the update :)
1660090248635.png

It's been a while since I updated you all on this, so for risk of reviving what may be considered a dead thread;
HelmetFrame.png
This shows the frame and shell of the Helmet in Autocad, with a Hololens Model for scaling purposes, as we used the Hololens 2 for the HUD Systems.
HelmetRender2.pngHelmetRender4.png
These are high-quality renders of the inner frame, hololens and shell, as well as a fully compiled model version to check for fit and spacing.
1666098287015.jpg
This was the first fully assembled Frame with Hololens and some of the Electronics in situ. This frame was printed in a Resin 3D Printer.
20220531_201813.jpg
This shows most of the shell, that I had resin 3D printed in smaller components and bonded together.
20220607_215258.jpg
This shows it fully assembled and prepped for base coat, painting and weathering.
1666098284812.jpg
The first coats of green paint are applied.
1666098283404.jpg
The final weathered and assembled helmet. At this stage the HUD systems were fully operational and highly immersive.
Frame Reinforcement3.pngFrame Reinforcement1.pngFrame Reinforcement.png
And finally, at this stage, we made minor amendments to the frame to increase compressive strength. Then we exported them all ready for 3D printing in Aluminium 7075 (Aircraft Grade Aluminium), which has now been printed and is being shipped to me as we speak!
I hope this isn't considered Spam, but that's the latest. There are tons more going on, which will be covered in an upcoming update video and I'll try to remember to post more often here.

Much Love,

Hey everyone,

I'm Installation00, the Halo Youtuber. I'm new to the 405th but been keeping an eye on events here for a long time. Just thought I'd pop on and share a little progress update.

For those who don't know, I've been putting effort into creating Halo technology in real life. I have been researching and developing for around 15 years in between gaining my qualifications and working in Industry, before becoming a full-time Tuber/Company Director, and have been privately funding it up until April when I started a gofundme.

Well today's post is just to share that I am currently in the thick of integrating the Microsoft Hololens 2 into the Halo Infinite MJOLNIR GEN III Helmet, along with a visor, breathing systems, ventilation systems, hermetic seals, padding, and audio array systems to make it as close to the functionality of the actual helmet as possible. I am currently 3D printing the GEN III helmet to start the job of fitting all of this inside the helmet.

The Hololens seems like it was almost built to fit inside the helmet, and the HUD systems like the targeting, HUD overlay, Smart Scope and the like are all attainable goals on the Hololens. After I am happy with how it all fits, I have an ex-colleague who is able to Print the helmet in Titanium via a DMLS 3D Printer, the end goal being that it will be, at least as far as I am aware, the only fully functional Titanium MJOLNIR Helmet in existence.

My question is, would you like to be kept in the loop on progress as it continues?
this is an awesome project!!

It's been a while since I updated you all on this, so for risk of reviving what may be considered a dead thread;
View attachment 327357
This shows the frame and shell of the Helmet in Autocad, with a Hololens Model for scaling purposes, as we used the Hololens 2 for the HUD Systems.
View attachment 327358View attachment 327359
These are high-quality renders of the inner frame, hololens and shell, as well as a fully compiled model version to check for fit and spacing.
View attachment 327356
This was the first fully assembled Frame with Hololens and some of the Electronics in situ. This frame was printed in a Resin 3D Printer.
View attachment 327351
This shows most of the shell, that I had resin 3D printed in smaller components and bonded together.
View attachment 327352
This shows it fully assembled and prepped for base coat, painting and weathering.
View attachment 327354
View attachment 327353
The final weathered and assembled helmet. At this stage the HUD systems were fully operational and highly immersive.
View attachment 327363View attachment 327362View attachment 327361
And finally, at this stage, we made minor amendments to the frame to increase compressive strength. Then we exported them all ready for 3D printing in Aluminium 7075 (Aircraft Grade Aluminium), which has now been printed and is being shipped to me as we speak!
I hope this isn't considered Spam, but that's the latest. There are tons more going on, which will be covered in an upcoming update video and I'll try to remember to post more often here.

Much Love,
This is for sure the most complex and high-tech build I've ever seen! I'm sure you hear this all the time but you've done a fantastic job making this project!

View attachment 327357
View attachment 327358View attachment 327359
View attachment 327356
View attachment 327351
View attachment 327352
View attachment 327354
View attachment 327353
View attachment 327363View attachment 327362View attachment 327361

Much Love,
This is an awesome idea, I'm glad to see it worked so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back