"human Elite" Armour Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akari MMS

Hey 405th! Name's Akari Mew-Mew Sianagi! Nice to meet you all!

Okay, onto the subject matter.

Okay, so I am completely obsessed with the Covenant from Halo. More specifically, the Elites/Sangheili. So I've decided that my first ever project will be related to them in some way.. or at least I hope to do that ^^;

However, since I am new to cosplaying in general... I'd think it would be better for me to not do an Elite. I've looked at the stuff people are doing, and whilst it looks brilliant, I don't think I have even the slightest amount of skill to do all that technical stuff.

So, what about a human Elite?

I'm a little worried for obvious reasons; my lack of skill isn't the main concern; I reckon if I take it slowly, and don't use anything that looks terrible, it should look fine. My main problem is that people might not like the idea at all. Obviously, a few bad opinions won't hurt me, but if everyone treats me like scum just because I'm not being 100% loyal... that would hurt..

I've already drawn out a basic plan, and have ideas for most of it already. I'm still undecided on material to use.. apparently Craft Foam is good, but everyone on here seems to talk about other methods that i'm interested in but probably lack the skills to pull off. I have basic CDT skills (I can carve basic shapes, cut things well, sand, etc.) though. I'm also planning on making an Energy sword to use with it, but I did something similar to that in CDT a few years ago so that's not so much of a concern.

I'd also like some advice on pieces of armour if that's alright. Like how to get a strap on the leg armour and things like that.

If anyone's curious, here's my basic plan. Please excuse my tacky drawing ^^;

Elite_Armour_Cosplay_design_by_AkariMMS.png

So, opinions? Advice? I have no set time limit for this project, if that affects anything. And I won't be able to start until after the 22nd of June due to important exams, so I can have small practices until then.

Thankyes in advance!

Akari MMS

looks like it will be an interesting build. i don't think anyones everdone anything quite like this before. good luck with it and be sure to show us progress pics of it.

Seems pretty cool. Like DragonKnight said I have not seen this anywhere yet so its all you. haha. best of luck i hope you do it, I'm interested to see how it comes out.

You could even write lore (albeit, grossly uncanon) for a back story. Yadda yadda, traitor and enemy of humanity works way up through ranks, finally becomes elite class. Etc.

Looks like a fun, interesting build.

Dragonknight and eclipsetuner018; Wow, really? I would have thought that someone else would've done something similar before... then again, that explains why I can't find anything on it. When I finally can start this I will post progress pics, promise!

Yodajammies; I have a basic one, which is overly cliché xD; It's not a huge focus, but it's probably best to have one I guess.

Thankyes to all of you ^^

Sounds like you have it all figured out, keep us updated so we can see your progress ok best of luck i hope you do it, I'm interested to see how it comes out.

Could be a UNSC scout that uses the armor to slightly blend in from distances while gathering intel.

I have a suit of armor I'm sketching that is a human variant of the brute camo armor.

Nicely done.

Interesting idea.

I'd go with the explanation that M07Marauder used to keep this build within canon. Otherwise it's probably not going to be accepted as having anything to do with Halo. You could even make it look as though it's been built overtop of the marine armor.

Plus it's a better backstory than saying that you didn't want to tackle the full elite costume.

what I think would be hard for this armor is its details.
The MK-6 and 5 or other spartan armor doesn't really have anything on it, but the armor itself looks complicated, so you only need to paint the base color do shadowing and the battle marks.

but the elite armor... the armor itself looks simple(like the arbiter armor in the wiki), but it has all these textures on it, which the maker would have to draw it on himself...

well, good luck!

All of you, thanks for the encouragement ^^

M07Marauder, that's a very good idea! I think I might use it, if that's alright with you.

Sean Bradley, that sounds difficult but i'm more than willing to give it a shot. And one day i'd love to give the proper Elite cosplay a go though.

Shellshocker, I agree. The details will be damn hard to do, but I've got a few ideas for them. I'm also going to be making multiple versions of each piece, so that if I go horribly wrong I can try a new technique straight away, or even combine techniques. I'll probably make stencils for some patterns to make it a little less annoying to redo each time...

You could suggest that your costume is from the post Halo 3 universe.
By this time Elites and humans are allies of sorts.
You could say that she was some Marine or ODST that fought along side the Elites during the Halo 3 time period, was exceptional in battle and was honored amoungst the Elites. Hence she was given a special human form of Elite armour.
Or something along those lines.

it does seem like a good idea to put it over the MKVI armor if i had a 3d mapping program i would try and help out but those cost alot of money.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

I personally like the idea, and it should be quite a bit easier than going with a set of full digitgrade(sp?) stilts.

Actually, I think a lot of folks at cons wouldn't even notice that the legs were incorrect.

RedTogusa, that's another good idea! Thank you for the ideas! I'll be working on this as I go along, though obviously it's not the most important part of the build xD

Kasper, thanks anyway though. Unfortunately, because I have a Mac I can't use the same program everyone on here uses so i'm trying to use Google Sketchup...

Malechei and Loess, thanks!

I have started making templates for cutting out materials, but they're not very good yet so I won't post them yet. and also, can I ask people how they manage to wear their MJOLNIR armour chestplates? It's pretty much the one part I'm really not sure about...

another guy said something about this too. but you could use model magick its very easy to use. it takes a bit to get use too. ive made the peices for my wifes starfire costume. just so people can seewhat it looks like check out my gallery in a about an hour and ill have a few pics up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back