"human Elite" Armour Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have a few days off, so i've been working on a few things. I went into town and bought some old card calendars (they're for last year and were on sale, so yay) to have a few experiments... just seeing if the parts of it can be done. What i've done so far no-where near as impressive as most of the stuff on here, but I thought i'd show you anyway, to possibly get some advice too.

So, I tried making a mock-up of the leg plates. I forgot to take photos of when I was drawing the plans, but I pretty much just looked at images of the armour shape and sketched them onto the card. Cutting it out was a bit annoying, as well as generally trying to make it curve, but i've ended up with this;

Photo350.jpg

I split it down the middle slightly, as on the images i've viewed that seemed to be a constant. It also made curving the piece a lot easier. Actually, looking at this image, the top isn't very even... I'll trim that a bit more I think.

Photo352.jpg

This image shows the curve a lot more than the first one.

Whilst looking for my paint (I did an Art KS3, and still have a load of the supplies if anyone's interested), I found some leftover wrapping paper from Christmas...

Photo353.jpg

It's very close to the primary colour of the armour, and has the metallic sheen I will be looking for. Of course, i'm hesitant about using it for obvious reasons, but I was thinking that maybe once I had painted the final piece I could use patches of this to add some more weathering... I haven't seen anyone else do that though, so I'm guessing it's not the best idea ^^;

I personally like this idea, never though about it I guess. Seems pretty cool though from your drawings and that mock-up isnt that bad, I could see this come together if you commit yourself to it :D I'll be sure to cheer on the side lines because I would love to see this completed.

Avory, thanks for the encouragement ^^

M07Marauder, thank you kindly. It's good fun making this stuff, no wonder so many people want to do this!

I've trimmed the mock-up leg armour so now it looks right. Can't do anymore on that anymore though, so after a while I had a go at making the gauntlets.

gauntletswip.png

This was the result. Behold the amount of tape xD; But I'm still kinda chuffed with them. One of them was way to huge once made so I had to shrink it, but thankfully that wasn't that hard. They don't have the spikes yet, i'll add them later.

Badly blacked out face is badly blacked out, but i'm kinda iffy about posting my face online, soo... yah.

haha, looks like you manage to find a build idea that has caused quite the stir lol. i would have to agree with everyone here, this is a really interesting idea. for sure, i never would have though about it.

should be interesting to see its transition from drawing to wearable costume... i will be keeping an eye out for your progress pictures =D. hope you can do it man, i feel there would be some serious braggin rights if you could pull it off ;) lol

Yeah I am definitely liking this idea. Definitely something I wouldn't mind trying after I finish my other suit first. If thats alright with you of course! I'd hate to just steal your idea or anything. I mean, it definitely is unique!

And good luck on this! I am really looking forward to progress pics of it!

I also agree, this is a very innovative idea and I wish you luck on your build. Be sure to keep your size in mind when crafting your armor. You don't want it *too* big. ;) Also, when you get to the chest plate, are you going to shape it to look more "feminine" or are you going to round it out to make it look bulky?

Outlaw-Tiger and PsHWilliam043, thanks once again ^^

L.L. Church, thanks ^^ Yeah, i'm being very careful with this all. I might need to shorten the leg armour template a bit more...

And I'm not sure about the chest armour at the moment... I would prefer to make it more feminine, but I don't quite know i'd achieve that just yet. It probably won't be like a mold of the chest area though xD

Photo357.jpg

One last thing done today, i've added some spikes to one of the gauntlets. Only one of said gauntlets though, 'cause I'm not sure if I like the way it came out...

EDIT: Oh, how could I be so rude ^^; Sorry, PsHWilliam043, for not replying to what you asked ^^; Yeah, if you wanna do something similar go ahead! I's not like I have copyright on it xD

Interesting. Like an Elf Elite. I like it. If there is any way you could get the dog-legs to work, that would be a pretty cool looking character. Definitely needs to wield an Honor Guard Spear. Maybe even use make-up and cats-eyes contacts to look like some kind of lizard like the Elites do; but without the 4 hinged jaw. Keep us posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it could be seen like that, abrant3. Unfortuantley I lack the money to do the contacts (i'd need prescription ones too), and wouldn't know where to start with makeup. I don't use it in general anyway.

Honour Guard Spear huh... That's a good idea, but I'd have to change some colours on the armour in order to have it blend in better. And it would be grossly uncanon for a Minor Domo Elite to have that... but then, that rings true for the Energy Sword too xD

By the way... would anyone be megaly awesome and do me a favour? I can't open PDO files on my Mac, and I don't have a PC, so even though i've managed to track down a Pepakura of the Elite Helmet and chest (which I'll need for reference as I make my own chest plate), I can't open it D= So could someone be awesome and convert it to a PDF? Sorry to ask, but I really have no access at all to a PC...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3722873...621d66e282a0ee8

^ Link to a download of the two files in question.

Unlimited thanks in advance!

On your concept of a human Elite, the Sangheili had thoughts about us entering the covenant.

With the deluxe Halo 2 came a small book titled Conversations from the Universe. In it is a conversation between Cortana and another AI, a black box recording from Sacred Fire and a conversation between two Sangheili (amongst others).

Here it is-

Extract of sanctioned Sangheili eavesdrop// for the attention of Jiralhanae military adjunct ambassador>>>

The humans are weak, but they are tenacious. Even the smaller ones hurl themselves against our defenses with honour. If only the Unggoy were as comitted.

>>> I wonder about the Humans, Commander. Their technology is limited, but some of it is useful and their battle techniques are impressive. They are excellent strategists. But what I ask is this: Why have we not offered them the absolution of the Covenant? From the begining of this war, the Prophets have made no attempt to absorb them or even offer the option of honorable submission. Why?

Perhaps they fear them? We do not know where their homeworld is. Their pattern of retreat is either hopelessly random, or brilliantly conceived. What if the Humans have more power, more numbers than we suspect? What if they lead us to a trap?

>>> No. I do not think that is the reasoning. They continue to lose territory, and pattern or no pattern, these defenses must be part of a perimeter. I suspect we are forcing them into a tighter area than they care to fight in- soon we may be able to use the Sharquoi. And their victories, however few, always rely on the same thing- strategy, brute force, or luck. No. The only secrect they hold is the location of their homeworld.

What about the atrocity at Halo? That was not luck, nor brute force. The Demon is a mystery. He outwitted and out fought entire legions on Halo. Perhaps there are more like him?

>>> I do not believe that. We have seen their kind before and destroyed them. Their numbers have dwindled and there have been no reported sightings since our victory at Reach.

Then why do we continue to hunt them? When surely they merit consideration to accept and embrace the Covenant?

>>> Let us discuss this at a more prudent moment. A Jiralhanae approaches.

After the events of Halo 3 I see no reason why the Elites would not embrace one of us as a comrade in arms. Perhaps one day a human may have even become an Arbiter.

EDIT: Oh, how could I be so rude ^^; Sorry, PsHWilliam043, for not replying to what you asked ^^; Yeah, if you wanna do something similar go ahead! I's not like I have copyright on it xD

Yay! lol. I'd love to say "I'll start on it right away!" Buuuut, unfortunately time restraints, job, school, and other projects come first. Though it is definitely something I would love to build.

juliet76 said:
After the events of Halo 3 I see no reason why the Elites would not embrace one of us as a comrade in arms. Perhaps one day a human may have even become an Arbiter.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought an Arbiter was a disgraced Elite that was chosen by the Covenant Prophets for a suicide mission. To the Elite, the suicide mission was one last chance to regain their honor before their death. In Halo 2, the Elite deemed responsible for allowing the destruction of the first Halo was branded with the mark of shame and sentenced to death before the prophets made him the Arbiter and sent him after the Heretic.

Maskim13 said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought an Arbiter was a disgraced Elite that was chosen by the Covenant Prophets for a suicide mission. To the Elite, the suicide mission was one last chance to regain their honor before their death. In Halo 2, the Elite deemed responsible for allowing the destruction of the first Halo was branded with the mark of shame and sentenced to death before the prophets made him the Arbiter and sent him after the Heretic.

i remember the same thing, the arbiter was supposed to be on a suicidal mission to regain lost honor and most likely, if not intentionally, die either in the process or after he completed his task.

i could be wrong, but thats the impression i got from the whole dialogue cut scene thingy

awesome idea for the human elite to, i personally think the scout using that as camo sounds the coolest (im all into the covert ops thing lol) but know matter what direction you decide to go with this,im eager to see the finished project

That's all true but after the events of Halo 2 when the Arbiter exposed the congruence between the spiritual and scientific aspects of the "Great Journey" and "Containment," he became practically the leader of the Elite Rebellion. This granted him honor among the Elites and so for this costume I would see it well enough to now be considered a high honor to be the Arbiter.

But is this even based off the Arbiter armor or a Normal Combat Elite's Armor? Either way there has to be some form of honor for the Elites to induct a human into the ranks. This is a great idea.

One thing I want to know and then point out: Are you making this armor based off the Halo 2 models or the Halo 3 Armor? Because I'm noticing quite the difference in their make-up. Either way, when designing the shoes you should keep the two toe look. It fits the style of the Elites just have them off the end of your toes. Good luck!

Maskim13 said:

I took it that the main point of the Arbiter was that he was created at a time when the covenant was in some form of great need, not that he was purely a disgraced elite. After the events of Halo 3, and after much more intergration between humans and sangheili (decades, perhaps even a century?) who knows what may occur? The Halo universe is a very big place and I doubt the fight is finished altogether (I find it unlikly that the Brutes would simply lay down their arms).

Anyway, a human Arbiter was just something I tacked onto a much larger post that basically meant that I thought a human in elite's clothing is a great idea Akari MMS. ;)

P.S. I've had a bit of a look and it would seem I don't have the right software at this point (just got myself a notebook) to turn the Elite PDO's into PDF's for you. Can anyone else help?

i love your concepts, very unique, reminds me of Legend of dragoon hahaha, i wish you the best of luck-- but it shouldnt be too hard (assuming the pep files are what i think they are... i've never actually LOOKED at the covenant armor...lol)

Yay! lol. I'd love to say "I'll start on it right away!" Buuuut, unfortunately time restraints, job, school, and other projects come first. Though it is definitely something I would love to build.

Yeah, I know how you feel there... I can't really work much on this until after my GCSE's, which sucks >.>

And everyone, thanks for your help with the backstory stuff! It's very much appreciated!

I haven't been able to make any progress for a while because my parents sprung a random holiday. They do that alot xD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back