Hunter Costume W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennis balls are green.

Something I used to do with my scout troop at night was to get several hundred tennis balls, and put green glowstick liquid on them. We shot them at each other with large "A" frame slingshots. We rarely hit anyone, but it sure looked cool seeing glowing green streaks going through the sky. I only just realized how much like fuel rods they looked.

Just putting this idea out there :)

wicked awesome man

oh you should have a chief jump into your arms and look scared

that would make a hilarious picture

Lord Devious said:
Tennis balls are green.

Something I used to do with my scout troop at night was to get several hundred tennis balls, and put green glowstick liquid on them. We shot them at each other with large "A" frame slingshots. We rarely hit anyone, but it sure looked cool seeing glowing green streaks going through the sky. I only just realized how much like fuel rods they looked.

Just putting this idea out there :)

that actually sounds kind of cool i dont know if thell let those into the convention hall but would be fun to try for a video or somthing...

planning evil things...

Last edited by a moderator:
That should be pretty awesome!!! For all of you people who might try to take him on at Comic Con, I'd just like to remind you all to be careful...

70682231-Full2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/screenshots/70682231-Full2.jpg

very careful...

Cheers!!!

First i would like to appologise for the double post but nobody has responded in a while and i need some advice before i can move on. I found some nice ski boots to attach my feet into the hunters boots but i have no idea how to attach the ski boot to the hunter boot. My only idea was to buy a pair of skis and cut out the boot locking mechanisim and attach that to my boot but that would be really strong but way to expensive for me right know. So if anybody has any ideas for me please respond because I cant move on until the boot is complete. Again im terrebily sorry for the double post.

unsc anubis 117 said:
First i would like to appologise for the double post but nobody has responded in a while and i need some advice before i can move on. I found some nice ski boots to attach my feet into the hunters boots but i have no idea how to attach the ski boot to the hunter boot. My only idea was to buy a pair of skis and cut out the boot locking mechanisim and attach that to my boot but that would be really strong but way to expensive for me right know. So if anybody has any ideas for me please respond because I cant move on until the boot is complete. Again im terrebily sorry for the double post.

you probably dont have to buy actual ski's. just the bindings on them and just screw them down to the hunter boots.

PS: ALL THE CRUELTY IN THE WOLRD ONLY HAPPENS BECAUSE OF DOUBLE POSTING!! thanks a lot. lol jk :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ghost is correct you can buy just cheap bindings that allows you to step in or out or attach it straight to the foot

greetings all this is the update for navember 20th. i've actually gotten some progress done on the suit the right boot is all but painted and it works great holds strong but comfortable and ive attached it to the thigh piece and fiber glassed that and its got currently 25% of the bondo done so im waiting for my dremel to recharge so i can continue work.

[attachment=13650:pICT0001(2).JPG]

and in my down time from that ive started fiber glassing the left boot. its actually looking like i'll reach my goal of having something functional by new year. i did how ever run into a small problem a while back i started buying fiberglass cloth instead of mat in hopes that it would be less messy to work with and after glassing the thigh i finally ran out of mat and started using the cloth on the next boot ive only done a little bit and it isint looking promising it still seems really flexable compared to my other pieces and im wondering if maybe i did somthing wrong or if the cloth is just naturally weaker. i can probably still use the cloth i have to do other things but i need the boots to be the strongest so should i switch back to fiberglass mat or not? please let me know thanks.

Yeah, cloth is more flexible and weaker than mat. If you put an extra layer or two of cloth on, you'll get all that strength back though.

nice work mate i would recommend getting more fibreglass Mat

update on the files:

I've found most of the files and will upload them once i find the rest and get sometime sorry for the delay but ill make sure there up before the end of this month

sorry for the delay

Oh wow................

A hunter costume!? :eek I can't wait to see this finished! :D The best part is, you are even making it REALLY big so the scale will look right! Too bad I won't be able to see it in person. :(

I bet this is going to look WAY awesome when it's done! :D

Can people please stop asking for the files in here? We have a Pepakura requests thread already and I'm sure there's a couple of threads with Hunter files.

If you're after these ones specifically try PMing the OP, keep in mind though that he has every right to hang on to the files for as long as he wants, just because someone makes files doesn't mean they have to release them.

update for 11/25

Greetings all im back with some more updates on the hunter suit as of today the right thigh is glassed, has bondo, and hooked up to the core piece of the hunter suit. still to be done is the entry door and the thigh will be done.

[attachment=13747:pICT0001(3).JPG]

Note that this is not the final paint job. Up next im onto the left boot its support it all ready to install it just needs to be glassed first. now for where i need some help im sure by now most of you have seen a youtube video called "kre8ing the elite" if not i suggest you go see it. i saw it a few weeks ago and was suprised that someone else was already doing somthing like me ( guess im just late) in the video he shows that he coats the armor sections of the suit with a spray on truck bed lining, witch i thought would be a good idea to add to my suit to toughen it up and give it a nice texture. at home depot they said they dont carry it but they had a type of spray on plastic coating that is used of the handels of tools that would do basicaly the same thing for the same price but with a more glossy texture so i was wondering if anyone has worked with this product before, like what are its pros and cons and witch I should use, from the sound of it i cant find any downside to either so its weather i want my surface to be semi gloss or matte so respond if you have any suggestions or advice. thanks again see you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back