Hunter Costume W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
update 1/02/2010

first update of the new year. sorry its been so long ive been busy with christmas around here but i have made some proggress with materials flowing again ive fixed up the holes on the right leg so that is done except for paint and ive glassed the cod piece so it is ready for bondo ive also peped the collar and helmet sorry for the lack of pics but my camera battery was dead today ill have new pics by next week when i expect to have the left thigh glassed.

ps. the contset team has been chosen consisting of me sparten-087 going as linda and her husband spartan-005 going as halo 1 master chief and it will be really good publicity for the 405th if we win so wish us luck.

dude that is one pimpin suit man!! can wait to see you in that!! one thing thou.....no offence but how you going to walk in that? i can see you making the armor and it coming out great, but putting it on and walking wouldnt that be difficult.(i know im stating the ovious but hey i just had to ask)

just a random suggestion with the worms but when i was building mine before i stopped i was planning to use thick EL wire so when it got dark i could switch it on and i would glow and the best bit is when it's off it's the right colour orange.

anyway keep it up buddy

Hey, its looking awesome, but do you have the pep files? my computer got a virus so i had to wipe it :( . please post them so i can HD them :)

update 1/12/10

hello again its me with another update to the costume (this time with pictures!) currently the left leg is fully glassed and bondo is only two days from completion the cod is glassed and has half of its bondo take a look.

[attachment=14513:pICT0009.JPG]

so there you have it as soon as that is done im starting work on the chest piece in hopes of getting the core of the suit functional. and one question before i go, obviosly im attempting to make the halo 3 hunter the most bad ass of them all but the files i have are for the halo 1 hunter ive been able to make the small modifications to the other armor pieces to make them work but i dont have a file for the gun im currently trying to mod an iron man forearm into the gun but im not the best at that so if anyone has the extra time to help me out a pep file of the halo 3 version of the gun would be most appreciated thank you.

ps. i dont know how to upload files nor do i have the permission to do sofrom the creator, so if advent spartan matrix is willing to give me permission just pm me youre email address and ill try to email you the files. bye.

unsc anubis 117 said:
update 1/12/10

hello again its me with another update to the costume (this time with pictures!) currently the left leg is fully glassed and bondo is only two days from completion the cod is glassed and has half of its bondo take a look.

[attachment=14513:pICT0009.JPG]

so there you have it as soon as that is done im starting work on the chest piece in hopes of getting the core of the suit functional. and one question before i go, obviosly im attempting to make the halo 3 hunter the most bad ass of them all but the files i have are for the halo 1 hunter ive been able to make the small modifications to the other armor pieces to make them work but i dont have a file for the gun im currently trying to mod an iron man forearm into the gun but im not the best at that so if anyone has the extra time to help me out a pep file of the halo 3 version of the gun would be most appreciated thank you.

ps. i dont know how to upload files nor do i have the permission to do sofrom the creator, so if advent spartan matrix is willing to give me permission just pm me youre email address and ill try to email you the files. bye.

ah hell i don't mind if you distribute the files their there for everyone to enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock said:
How tall is that bad boy so far?

it measures in right now at a little under 8 feet. i hope to get it to 9 feet when im done.

also anyone who wants the files pm me youre email address and i will send them to you.

A good way to make fake skin is to take a 1/8" thick sheet of foam and cover it with liquid latex

to get the worm like texture layer strips of the foam and then add the liquid latex.

whitelog said:
A good way to make fake skin is to take a 1/8" thick sheet of foam and cover it with liquid latex

to get the worm like texture layer strips of the foam and then add the liquid latex.

Good advice, take a look at this instructable for a bit about how to do this.

hello again sorry its been so long work has been slow. this week the chest is glassed and the sopport straps installed so i dont need to hold it up any more i had my friend place the spikes on its not permenant in the pic but thats mostly what it will look like. take a look.

[attachment=14858:pICT0002.JPG]

nice huh. ive actually got more work than that done but ive been lazy latley and havent been posting however that just means ill have another update soon consisting of the arm with the card board work done and the visor installed and if youre lucky the spikes on for real that should be either tomorrow or the day after if glassing takes to long. well i hope you enjoy tell me what you think and if you have any ideas for me i would love to hear them over and out.

ps. if any one has seen any pics of the halo reach hunter please post them i would love to see( mostly because im wondering if its similar enough to change my suit to that because i still done have a file for the halo 3 hunters gun). thanks.

unsc anubis 117 said:
hello again sorry its been so long work has been slow. this week the chest is glassed and the sopport straps installed so i dont need to hold it up any more i had my friend place the spikes on its not permenant in the pic but thats mostly what it will look like. take a look.

[attachment=14858:pICT0002.JPG]

nice huh. ive actually got more work than that done but ive been lazy latley and havent been posting however that just means ill have another update soon consisting of the arm with the card board work done and the visor installed and if youre lucky the spikes on for real that should be either tomorrow or the day after if glassing takes to long. well i hope you enjoy tell me what you think and if you have any ideas for me i would love to hear them over and out.

ps. if any one has seen any pics of the halo reach hunter please post them i would love to see( mostly because im wondering if its similar enough to change my suit to that because i still done have a file for the halo 3 hunters gun). thanks.

This is just getting better and better, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back