Hurricane: Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know folks have Adam's phone number, and Spase's etc.. anyone wanna' try calling them, just for the heads up?

Lot of areas have no power at the moment, so there's a good chance they won't be on here for awhile. The cellphone reception isn't great right now, but if you try every hour or so, you'll eventually get through.
*edit* I can't beleive this thing is still a Category 1 hurricane.. it's surreal.

For the record, there's water issues.. some areas don't even have working fire hydrants. The storm surge wasn't as bad as was projected. The water system is BELEIVED to be ok, but since some of the pumping stations went offline, the pressure on the system isn't strong... The mayor of Houston says to boil water before drinking it, including outlying areas which rely on Houstons water system.

They just announced that it might be TWO WEEKS for power in some areas of HOUSTON, and Houston's not in the worst shape, it's just easier to access and evaluate at this point. It's like the 4th largest city in the US, so you can imagine there's not only a lot of outages, but it's also a priority and 2 weeks is crazy.

Well I can't get Adam, the cell carriers must be so flooded in Austin that the call won't go through.

Austin should be fine though, i'm north east of Adam by about 110 miles and it's not even raining here now... I must have scarred it away with the plasma rifle o_O

hurricane.jpg

I really can't say the same for houston, i got a call from a buddy of mine around 5 am saying that the wind was ripping everything to shreds. So i'm wishing him, Spase, and anyone else who was closer to its landfall the best of luck.

Thanks for all the concerns. I'm actually pretty safe. I live on a 15 ft hill and the water is about 5-6 ft high. Part of my fence blew down but that's the only bad thing. I'm running on a generator right now.

I pray everyone is ok! Im like BlacRoseImmortal a roll call is in order! With no power though it might be awile!

@ Viper_Legends I'm glad your ok!

I texted Adam about an hour ago, haven't heard back from him yet. Hope he and Walter and the whole Texas regiment is okay.

Let us know when you can guys, hope you're safe and dry.

Barely rained in austin, now the storm is headed for Dallas. Watch out blue realm.

Haven't heard from Walter, but I bet his hands are full.

i wish i was there for the storm, i love hurricanes the power they produce is incredible. hope you guys got your generators ready and chained to something

stay safe and smart

The hurricane is not a FUN subject for those who are looking for excitement in their area.better move inmiami or new orleans and u will see enough for a lifetime.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Well, now we know Adam is alive so I guess Sean will not be inheriting the 405th Forum's anytime soon :]
Not yet, anyway.

*Muhuhahahha*

Last edited by a moderator:
ultrakiller said:
The hurricane is not a FUN subject for those who are looking for excitement in their area.better move inmiami or new orleans and u will see enough for a lifetime.
dude i live in florida i know all about them lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks like texas is almost done getting pummled. the tropical storms now moving NE and its eye is about 200 miles form Texarkana.

it may still be awhile before we hear from some people due to power outtages. Last I heard, they're expecting it to take two whole weeks for power to be restored to Houston.

some of my familys homes are having water inside them. I hope for the best. BUt a house can be rebuit a person cant.

I heared houstons a mess. Not good all my friends i grew up with is there. Good to here the people are safe. Still i think this will be a big mess to clean up. Let us know if any one heres from anybody else that made it out ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back