Hurricane: Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good that you guys are alright. I'm sure it might take Spase a while, theres a lot to do after hurricanes come through.

ktrk_091208_ikeviewerRK2.jpg

It may be a little late to suggest this...

LOL gamerguy, last time I saw someone do that with their car (during Wilma) not only did the car still move but the tree came down and crushed the roof of the car too XD

BlacRoseImmortal said:
LOL gamerguy, last time I saw someone do that with their car (during Wilma) not only did the car still move but the tree came down and crushed the roof of the car too XD
lol. I just saw it on Digg, and it reminded me of this. >.<

I really don't know what they were thinking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty much all the damage we got here. it fails in comparison with what houston, galvston and corpus christi got.

0913081209a.jpg

0913081209.jpg

i got lucky. i hope everyone else in houston is fine and didn't get too much damage

Thanks to Ike Gas has gone up to over 5$ a gallon..

Glad my mom gassed up the day it was 3.69 because now it's 4.99.

man its 3.86 for the middle one in california. or some thing close to that. My friends all think they have water

OMG...from 3.89 to 4.56 over a 2 hours period.......unbelievable.

I think i'll be walkin 46 miles to work everyday from now on. Holy hell......

Gas jumped from 3.89 to 4.15 in about 4 hours for me (S. Indiana). We are starting to get some more remains of the storms. Wind advisories for today and tomorrow. Right now getting winds about 40-50 mph.

Ike pretty much came through NY with nothing more then a storm advisory.

Looks like things are starting to clear up down there. Chime in any time now Spase :D

Adam said:
Barely rained in austin, now the storm is headed for Dallas. Watch out blue realm.

Haven't heard from Walter, but I bet his hands are full.

Walters ok, just without power. Hopefully he will get power today, and see that his garage isn't that flooded. :mad:

edit: I got a text yesterday, though he couldn't respond much due cell battery and no power.

man this just makes me glad to live in Missouri. oh if any of our planes are sent to help out with carrying supplies that way ill hop on.

I pray every one is allright

Well they have shut down like half the town almost... the side by target... I heard Target is flooded... and I believe gamestop is too... :\
But I really can't say until I go down there...

My side of town didn't really get anything.... :\
I've got friends in that area...

here are some of the pics from those sites:
150585.jpg

Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Bryce Klimek, left, pushes the Bednarowski family in a boat from their Munster, Ind. home after the Little Calumet River spilled over its banks and flooded their neighborhood Sunday Sept. 14, 2008. Severe weather was blamed for four deaths across Indiana on Sunday, as heavy rains prompted the evacuations of thousands of homes in northwest Indiana and powerful winds cut power to more than 200,000 people.
150584.jpg

Police and Firemen help evacuate residents in the Auburn Meadows subdivision in Schererville, Ind. on Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008 after heavy rains brought flooding to Northwest Indiana. About 40 Indiana National Guard troops were activated Sunday afternoon to assist with the evacuation of up to 5,000 residents from about 3,000 homes and to help safeguard property in Munster, Staff Sgt. Jeff Lowry said in a news release.
150583.jpg

Schererville Police and Firemen help evacuate residents in the Auburn Meadows subdivision of Schererville, Ind. Sunday Sept. 14, 2008 after heavy rains brought flooding to Northwest Indiana.
150582.jpg

Colin Hammermeister helps patch up areas along the Little Calumet area in Munster, Ind. on Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008. About 40 Indiana National Guard troops were activated Sunday afternoon to assist with the evacuation of up to 5,000 residents from about 3,000 homes and to help safeguard property in Munster, Staff Sgt. Jeff Lowry said in a news release.
150581.jpg

A volunteer firefighter checks on the driver of a stalled automobile shortly after it tried to drive through high water, near Valparaiso, Ind., early Sunday Sept. 14, 2008.
150580.jpg

The National guard drives down Calumet Avenue in Munster, Ind. to the Munster Med-Inn which was evacuated due to flooding and no power on Sunday Sept. 14, 2008. The Little Calumet River breeched it banks flooding Munster and Hammond, Ind.
150578.jpg

Erik Stenberg consoles his fiancee Andrea Reed after deciding to evacuate from their flooded house Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008 in Griffith, Ind. The home started flooding early Saturday morning and by Sunday afternoon the water was over two feet high in the house. Sunday's rains came from the remnants of Hurricane Ike on the heels of a drenching the day before from the remains of Tropical Storm Lowell.
150579.jpg

Andrea Reed, left, and Erik Stenberg carry their Boston Terrier and Pug from their flooded house to a waiting car Sunday, Sept. 18, 2008 in Griffith, Indiana. The house started flooding early Saturday morning and by Sunday afternoon the water was over two feet high in the house. Sunday's rains came from the remnants of Hurricane Ike on the heels of a drenching the day before from the remains of Tropical Storm Lowell.

And this is just my area I have no idea about anyone else...

DoC ByTeS said:
Walters ok, just without power. Hopefully he will get power today, and see that his garage isn't that flooded. :mad:

edit: I got a text yesterday, though he couldn't respond much due cell battery and no power.

Good to hear that Spase is ok.. That's everyone, isn't it?

The remains of Ike hit me on Saturday and Sunday. Since I work for my Dad doing water damage mitigation (well we do fire and crime scenes and stuff too, but rain is none of those), I put in 26 hours in 2 days. The only reason I'm not still working my arse off is I have school today. :cautious:

Glad to hear you guys made it out alive. My mom and 2 teams got relieved today, they are sending a bunch of nurses home, bringing in some new teams (she had to work a few 24 hour shifts) so her plane gets in about.....wow. right now.

cant wait to see her, she has been away since Gustav/the end of August.

No school tomorrow and they are asked for any sophomores, juniors, and seniors to help sandbag... in my school...

It's getting really bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back