I am Iron Man build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironerd

Jr Member
Hello Fellow 405thers'

I am currently building a Mark VI.

I have posted most of this on the RPF when this site was down. But thought I'd share here as well.

I pepped Shark's HD helmet.. it wasn't easy, nor quick.. but the results were amazing.

I then resined the outside and then slush casted Smooth-Cast 300 on the inside. I now have about a cm of plastic on the inside in case I sand/grind too much on the exterior.

I have coated it a couple times with primer and I am still very much in the sanding/dremeling stage.

I plan to cast it when done. Here are some pics. Love your feedback.

photo3-2-1.jpg

photo2-2-1.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

This is some really great stuff. I am also working on an iron Man Mark II for my brother. just one thing though, how are you going to make the neck move? it looks completely solid.

The neck is just there for show. I don't necessarily plan on making the neck. If I do I will cast in flexible urethane or cheaper alternative being latex.

Also Forge. This isn't a Mark 2... I am using grey primer to bring out imperfections during sanding process. It will be cast in pure white urethane plastic when done.

yeah that waas a spelling mistake, im making the Mark III. But there is a Mk II, its the silver one, War Machine. The big one he made in the cave was Mark I and the suitcase from the second movie is IV or V then the triangle is Mk VI

do you intend to sell a few of these? Also, you pepping looks great. I see no runs with the resin on the outside. Overall great job so far. Look forward to more progress

LOL I know Forge. War Machine is a heavily modified Mark 2. The helmets from Mark 3 through to the current are all identical in both color scheme and shape with the exception of the suitcase armor.

I will deff keep you-all updated. I am not sure on price. But they will be cast as one piece.. meaning you;ll need to cut off faceplate, back of neck.. whatever you want. It will be up to you.

I have also started build on Sharkheads Iron Man Mark VI... I have most of the right arm done. Please note I am building the suit. Not to wear it but to display it in my house. I am very excited. I will post pictures when complete arm is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back