I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of that guy who made the entire armor... I think he made 3 different models, all fully wearable, and functional. And he even made the new one that is coming up in the movie. Looks pretty bad ass. He modeled every aspect of the movie armor in, including an armored neck seal, and fingers, and joints. He had it painted, and it looked EXACTLY like the movie. He wanted to try to make, and sell them for like $2k each or something.

Here, check this out these 5 pages...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread...3724&page=1

He made 2 different torso Sets and 3 different helmets, but the helmets were because it didn't look right.

He also wanted to sell them for twice that, around 4k. Hes a Pro armor maker and only sells like 2 or 3 casts of each piece. They are true collectors items.

Alrighty now. Here are the FINAL photos! Lenses are in. Nothing more to do except mold this sucker.

DVC00342.jpg

DVC00343.jpg

DVC00344.jpg

DVC00345.jpg

DVC00346.jpg

DVC00348.jpg

Very nice work dude.

Love the reading of the paper in helmet...

"Stark Industries stockshares down 10%? WTF!!!"

:lol:

Sean Bradley said:
Very nice work dude.

Love the reading of the paper in helmet...
"Stark Industries stockshares down 10%? WTF!!!"

:lol:

Nice commentary on that picture. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, snap! You really are going to be molding this? Awesome! :D

Any idea when you might be able to get started on that? o_O

Yodajammies said:
Hey darth,

any idea when therpf is opening up registration for new users?
helmet looks good btw. :)

Thanks!

The Rpf usually opens for registration once every couple months or so. Took me a while to become a member because I kept missing out when registration was open. Just keep an eye on it a few times a week and you'll be in soon enough.

Bad news guys. Yodajammies just made a new topic about jgreer and how his silicone isn't very good. Considering this is who I was going to buy silicone from because its the only place I can afford, I have decided NOT to attempt a mold of this. I'm really sorry for anyone who wanted to buy a cast. I had ever intention of molding it and doing a run or two but If I can't afford supplies then nothing really can be done about it. Because of this I am going to list it on ebay this evening. I didn't to do this but I dont really have a choice now. I'll post an auction link later today.

-Darth :cry:

Darth, buddy... don't sell it. I mean, yeah, I would've liked to get my hands on a casting of this, but as you'd primarily built this for the upcoming premiere you shouldn't just pawn it off after all the time and effort you put into it.

Besides, we make these sort of things for our own enjoyment first and foremost. So, you're more than entitled to enjoy this, dude...

alternatively could you maybe sell it to someone who could in turn make a mold and send you a copy (or even the original back) plus some cash? Sad to think you'd lose that work with no reminder of it..

SPARTAN II said:
Darth, buddy... don't sell it. I mean, yeah, I would've liked to get my hands on a casting of this, but as you'd primarily built this for the upcoming premiere you shouldn't just pawn it off after all the time and effort you put into it.

Besides, we make these sort of things for our own enjoyment first and foremost. So, you're more than entitled to enjoy this, dude...

Yeah I know. Ultimately I wasnt going to wear it to the premier though. All my friends have seen it and junk but I would be wayyyy to nervous with it at the premier. Someone would be horsing around or something and break it.... I don't really build things for the love of having the finished product. For me its more of an accomplishment in itself just knowing that I built something and did my best. If i just wanted an ironman helmet I could always save up and buy one. The joy I get is the challenge of doing it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220229444528

:cry:

Darthcalibar said:

Looks awesome!! all you need to do know is to drybrush (or something similiar) with a darker color on the helmet so that it would look just like the movie one! :)
ironman.gif

Best ironman helm i have ever seen! Only yhing i dont like about it is that it's missing the sharp edges :( (the golden area) To give it that "robot look"

-Fin(n)ish

Considering you have the starting bid at $500, I don't see why you can't just make an investment and mold some. I would absolutely be willing to pay the $150 price you were talking about earlier, as would many others I'm sure. In the long run, I think you'd be better off molding it now.

Unfortunately, you've already listed it. But, if by some freak of nature it doesn't sell, I'd suggest getting it molded one way or another, whether it's getting a loan, finding someone in your area with the resources to help you out, or however you choose to do it.

EDIT: Hmm, four hours away... But that's actually quite a way, and I don't have molding stuff. :(

wow that looks sooo kewl.

I want to make one but my mom wont let me use resin.
P.S. I tried every other method : glue cardstock........etc............

P.S.S I mean on other helmets

P.S.S.S. anyways really kewl helmet :lol:

Guess im going to build mine using pep

For the cost on the molding im sure you can ask around and see if any would mold it for you

So then do you have any plans on a new project

Darth man if this doesn't sell, get in touch with me and we'll figure out how to get it molded. I'm about 3 hours from you and we can work something out. I hate to see this on ebay with you not having anything left to show for it. You did an excellent job on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back