I am Ironman!! Final pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvb4life said:
wow your parents let you bondo in the kitchen? jesus, my dad wont let me drink on the counter without a coaster!!
Excellent work for being from scratch, ironman rules!!!

No, no, no. The top picture in the kitchen was right before i used bondo. The pictures with bondo are all out in the garage. My parents would kill me if i did it in the kitchen. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude....go you!!!! I am so pumped for this movie!!! I don't even read comics or anything, (my brother does, though, and I like superheroes) it just looks so good!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! The entire helmet is covered in a thin layer of bondo at the moment. Now i just have to sand sand sand sand sand and sand some more. I'll post more pictures as soon as i get it sanded real good. In the meantime though, does anyone have any suggestions on how to wire up some leds for the eyes? Im going to use blue EL wire along the bottom of the eyes but i also wanted to install some white leds from maybe the top of the eyes or the sides. I dont know much about wiring though. Anyone know of a led flashlight i could canabalize or something?

-Zach

Darthcalibar said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words! The entire helmet is covered in a thin layer of bondo at the moment. Now i just have to sand sand sand sand sand and sand some more. I'll post more pictures as soon as i get it sanded real good. In the meantime though, does anyone have any suggestions on how to wire up some leds for the eyes? Im going to use blue EL wire along the bottom of the eyes but i also wanted to install some white leds from maybe the top of the eyes or the sides. I dont know much about wiring though. Anyone know of a led flashlight i could canabalize or something?

-Zach

thats just positive/negative wires, nothing complicated, the issue is how to protect your eyes from the leds installed on the mask

millo said:
thats just positive/negative wires, nothing complicated, the issue is how to protect your eyes from the leds installed on the mask

Yeah. I wired some up for my MC helmet. The ones i used on that didnt need resistors though. I just have no idea which resistors i need for which leds.

In other news I got a lot of work done today. Heres the latest pics.

DVC00114.jpg

DVC00118.jpg

DVC00117.jpg

Darthcalibar said:
Yeah. I wired some up for my MC helmet. The ones i used on that didn't need resistors though. I just have no idea which resistors i need for which leds.

In other news I got a lot of work done today. Heres the latest pics.

DVC00114.jpg

DVC00118.jpg

DVC00117.jpg

try this website which helps you calculate how many resistors you need in your circuit http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

btw
what materials you used on your paper helm?, that looks like bondo or isn't? I'm doing an MC helm from papekura and im going to buy some stuff to continue working on it so i can get a proper shape an mold it.

millo said:
try this website which helps you calculate how many resistors you need in your circuit http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

btw
what materials you used on your paper helm?, that looks like bondo or isn't? I'm doing an MC helm from papekura and im going to buy some stuff to continue working on it so i can get a proper shape an mold it.

Yeah Im using bondo on this. Just be careful using bondo. If you use too much its a pain in the butt to sand. Always use as little as possible.

Heres my thread on my MC helmet I did a while back. You might find some useful info in there. I think on page 5 or 6 I went through all the steps.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...hl=darthcalibar

how exactly did you add the details?
When i say that I mean that ridge thing you made in the latest pics
dremel?
I just dont really know
This looks incredible by the way!

xrallyman said:
how exactly did you add the details?
When i say that I mean that ridge thing you made in the latest pics
dremel?
I just dont really know
This looks incredible by the way!

I used a dremel to cut the slits all the way through the helmet. After that I glued plastic over the holes from the inside of the helmet. Thanks for the compliments!

in need of MC armor said:
i like iron man, great job on the helmet. also planning on a full suit?
Maybe. I doubt I could get a full suit done by may 2nd though.

Alrighty now. I did some more sanding today and this is what it's looking like right now. Next i need to build up the top and round it. More pics soon!

DVC00126.jpg

DVC00125.jpg

DVC00124.jpg

so man that getting better and better iv been working on my helmet iv just found a way to make the eyes light up not hard at all very easy if u ask me i here's a vid
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
hope this works :lol:

Thats pretty sweet. Thats going to look awesome when you get it done. Im still trying to decide what im going to do for mine. I'm either going with EL wire or leds.

Ok. This is pretty cool looking. Just a test using EL wire for the eyes. (You can NOT see through it. I just put paper in the eye slots so it would look right. Im probably going to use a white mesh material for the eyes.

DVC00130.jpg

DVC00128.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back