I can haz Recon.. sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo dog what part of cali and i just finished resining the recon a thin outer layer right now then nock ow what i have left of glass thenn resin inside thik like you then bondo hope i can get done befor reach releas il wear when i get my copy after school haha around 5 to 4 pm lolololol

it went down today, but its 38 and it rained earlier... dont think i added enough hardener though, its just kinda tacky

Mine was tacky because I didn't add enough hardener. Just put a thin layer over that previous tacky layer. Fixes that problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

yo dog what part of cali and i just finished resining the recon a thin outer layer right now then nock ow what i have left of glass thenn resin inside thik like you then bondo hope i can get done befor reach releas il wear when i get my copy after school haha around 5 to 4 pm lolololol

I'm in the IE (Corona area). That's awesome man! Do you have a thread with your WIP?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHAT!? It's update time!

Finished strengthening 1.0 and 2.0 today. They's done with that stage. I'm not gonna sand and go straight to paining. I've got 2.0 primed, and 1.0 is still drying the resin for the last layer on the inside.

I'm working on weapons in the down time. BR is painted, and clear-coated (it's just all black, nothing fancy). Shotty is 2/3 done (clear coated those parts), and I'm still making the butt of the stock, painting the "pump" right now.

Pics to be coming shortly, expect in a couple hours.

well matter of a fact i doo i have link to the video cause i dont mess wit pictures any more but ya go to my profile and click posted threads and btw im in the san celmete area hahah i got coast :p hahahha lolol

Video and pics AHOY!

Sorry for the video quality... something is wrong with my cam. I only have a digital camera, and not an awesome video cam.

Either way :3

PICS!!!!

The helms (almost done!!!!)

IMG_20100909_230738.jpg

IMG_20100909_230756.jpg

IMG_20100909_230810.jpg

IMG_20100909_230833.jpg

IMG_20100909_230854.jpg

The weapons (almost done!!)

IMG_20100909_231949.jpg

IMG_20100909_232003.jpg

IMG_20100909_232033.jpg

IMG_20100909_232053.jpg

With the weapons, all I have to do is clear coat the shotty and patch some details on both.

Last edited by a moderator:
woooooooow bgreat job on helmets and for the shotty you should make it shoot by taking the mag and taking it apart and cuting it to where you can barley grab it and cut the sping to higgght and tada lol anny way im outa gloves so i only got one layer on mine so hope to get more soon hahaha i wana wear to reales that would be so sick hahahha

woooooooow bgreat job on helmets and for the shotty you should make it shoot by taking the mag and taking it apart and cuting it to where you can barley grab it and cut the sping to higgght and tada lol anny way im outa gloves so i only got one layer on mine so hope to get more soon hahaha i wana wear to reales that would be so sick hahahha

Thanks much!!

Awesome dude! Get some more gloves!!! :3

We don't care about the shotty shooting, the BR doesn't so w/e.

Off to buy a 2 liter bottle and down it's contents to make visors, lol.

Pics and a vid AHOY!

Okay, so I've been busy all weekend, making Recon 1.0 and 2.0 ready and wearable for the Launch of Halo: Reach.

Again, these are not super awesome fantastic works, these are just some throw togethers because I felt, since this is Bungie's last Hurrah, I would have some fun at the release. (first time doing so).

Okay, video first as always.

PIC TIME!

I decided that buying 2 helmet inserts would be too over budget for what I was trying to do. So, I found at Walmart, this:

It is a memory-foam neck pillow.

IMG_20100911_185454.jpg

Here it is, out of the package.

IMG_20100911_185620.jpg

Out of the fuzzy stuff, and partially cut up.

IMG_20100912_142026.jpg

Split up, these turn into the cheek/side pieces.

IMG_20100912_142043.jpg

Glued inside Recon 1.0 and 2.0 (both together in second pic) you can see I made a pad for the top by cutting a slice from the middle section (this can be done with scissors or an exacto, I used both at times).

IMG_20100912_172809.jpg

IMG_20100912_183748.jpg

Visors!! I can has them!! Here's a little explanation that I did not go over in the video. After cutting out the shape via 2 ltr bottle plastic, I then grabbed a spare anti-static bag that I had laying around and then cut the shape of the visor (used the plastic as a stencil) and after gluing the visor in place, glued the static bag shiny part over. So there you have it. Shiny visor on a budget, AKA FREE.

IMG_20100912_212630.jpg

IMG_20100913_000611.jpg

So there you have it, lemme know what ya'll think of my quickie Recons.

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool.
I think i may give this one a try. I need to start with a low def version

The version I have up there is the 265mm version. If you want a scaled up (280mm) Lemme know, I have that one as well. You can see the size difference in the pics. 265 is for tiny tiny heads.

Oh, and it's really easy to assemble, not that many tiny folds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back