I can't believe this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aultin

Iscaled the stupid thing and the end product ended up being about as big as my 10 lb dogs head. What the heck?

Aultin the Spartan said:
Iscaled the stupid thing and the end product ended up being about as big as my 10 lb dogs head. What the heck?
You have to set it to fit you, do not get upset, it takes time and patience...

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are saying to add quite a few xtra inches then work down til you find one that fits you? Also does this scaling problem happen on all objects?

Aultin the Spartan said:
So you are saying to add quite a few xtra inches then work down til you find one that fits you? Also does this scaling problem happen on all objects?
yes, it does, read the tuts, it will tell you, the helmet will also end up being the biggest piece needed to make ;)

Scaling is easy, just read the scaling thread, it took me 5 minutes to understand and I havent made a mistake since.

AoBfrost said:
Scaling is easy, just read the scaling thread, it took me 5 minutes to understand and I havent made a mistake since.
I figured what I did wrong. After I pressed print it asked if I wanted it to adjust itself to my paper. I clicked yes and it made is small. I just have to click no!!

Aultin the Spartan said:
I figured what I did wrong. After I pressed print it asked if I wanted it to adjust itself to my paper. I clicked yes and it made is small. I just have to click no!!
That happened to me but I'm just starting glueing.....I wonder if i should continue. I clikced yes to that message too.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOO I just did a restest and i printed 1 page and lcikced no to the question and the helmet turned out bigger.........I gonna have to start over *sigh*
EDIT: I finsihed scaling and everything and when i printed it saying no to the question none of the parts fit on the pages!!!!!!1 help?

You must position the pieces to the very left of the page. As close to the edge as you can. That worked for me. Now I just need stupid hot glue sticks!

Aultin the Spartan said:
You must position the pieces to the very left of the page. As close to the edge as you can. That worked for me. Now I just need stupid hot glue sticks!
*sigh* I'll try.

EDIT: I did that with one piece and it worked. I have a question. Did you just put one piece per page?

MasterChiefOwns said:
*sigh* I'll try.

EDIT: I did that with one piece and it worked. I have a question. Did you just put one piece per page?
I did that with the larger pieces but I tried to put as many on one piece as I could without going to far to the right.

Aultin the Spartan said:
I did that with the larger pieces but I tried to put as many on one piece as I could without going to far to the right.
Ok thanks. Ill print them all now

Actually I need to know what is a very good and cheap glue. And when your printing is done tell me if my little trick worked.

Aultin the Spartan said:
Actually I need to know what is a very good and cheap glue. And when your printing is done tell me if my little trick worked.
Im using hot glue. Seems to work fine. And your tricked worked great im on my first part.

Aultin the Spartan said:
Thank You and Thank You. Anyway how fast does this glue dry?
It drys in like 10 seconds after that it becomes sort of like dried up gel you can kind of mold it when it's at this stage.

I did the same thing. But I have to vary my scale. I am about 5'10'' but I have a long torso and shorter legs and shorter arms and im pretty skinny. So on the arms so far I have had to trim alot off to make them fit me. Also this is the glue im using. You have about 5-10 seconds to get the piece where you want it before it will keep it there for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back